We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MVC beach chairs?

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southwick...
reviews: 5
MVC beach chairs?

will be staying at MVC eagle in feb. Can anyone tell me about available beach chairs and pappalas on the beach that come with tour room stay? Also is ice available for your cooler,Any tips on staying there ? thanks

10 replies to this topic
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
reviews: 54
1. Re: MVC beach chairs?

There is a beach attendant at MVC who will help with your chairs/palapa (chairs are available for MVC guests.)

No ice machine but you just need to ask at the restaurant's bar and they'll get ice for you.

california
reviews: 71
2. Re: MVC beach chairs?

sC0TT3317,

I asked a similar question, so I had emailed MVC... This is what they responded back:

"Dear Yesenia,

There are some Palapas available however you need to go to the beach early coz. This is first come first serve ( use I mean ) this is complementary to our guest same as beach chairs if you have a late flight yes we can hold your language by the front desk "

I don't think there is enough beach chairs or palapas for all their guests if all rooms are full... so they do advice you go early if you want one...

Southwick...
reviews: 5
3. Re: MVC beach chairs?

thanks, we are early risers,so getting on beach early is not a problem. how early can you get beach chairs from hotel attendant?

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
reviews: 68
4. Re: MVC beach chairs?

Is it possible they suggest early in order to get the palapa for the shade?

I cannot imagine their not having enough chaises, but there are not that many palapas.

New York
reviews: 7
5. Re: MVC beach chairs?

If they dont have enough chairs for their guests why cant they buy more?

if palapas are all taken can you rent an umbrella or are you just expected to burn?

Edited: 11:25 am, January 18, 2014
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
6. Re: MVC beach chairs?

I am quite sure they have enough chairs for all of their guests. However, like many hotels/resorts, there can never be enough palapas for everyone or you would never see the beach/sun since they would be packed in like sardines. As with other resorts/hotels in beach vacation destinations, palapas are on a first come, first served basis. If palapas are unavailable there are always trees available for shade.

No one expects you to burn, but everyone expects you to be responsible. ;)

Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 17
7. Re: MVC beach chairs?

There are always trees available for shade from what I've seen. I don't think they expect anyone to burn, but it's a small resort and as Amy said palapas are first come first served.

New York
reviews: 7
8. Re: MVC beach chairs?

Ive been to many caribbean and mexico destinations and have always paid for umbrella and chair of which I have no problem im glad there are some trees as well that is not always the case..in fact I was surprised to find out palapas are free...I guess that puts them in limited supply... my question was can you rent and umbrella and I guess not from your replies... I guess I could purchase one if necessary I am quite pale..I intend to be out nights at the soul music festival so im not sure I will be able to secure a palapa early a.m...no worries I will figure it out when im there

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
9. Re: MVC beach chairs?

You could purchase one but without a good anchor system that umbrella will be flying down the beach in no time. Aruba is a very windy island (tradewinds) but the wind is refreshing and helps with the heat factor.

There is a beach vendor not too far away down the beach (between Chalet Suisse and Paradise Beach Villas) that rents chairs - not sure about umbrellas. I think your best bet will be the trees if the palapas are full.

Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 1
10. Re: MVC beach chairs?

Thanks for the info Amy...Ive read many of your posts... youre great!!! ill just get up early and sleep on the beach under a palapa :)

Another question: do you think its worth it to rent a car for my stay...im told its not because of limited parking and traffic and bc there is good bus system and taxis..I like the convenience of a car but dont like the stress of traffic and parking...am I better off taxi and bus? Thats the way im leaning and I did mention they will be having that soul festival that brings in lots of people..its in may.. u.s. memorial day weekend

Should I rent a car?

Thanks again

Reply to: MVC beach chairs?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted