We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eagle Beach Confusion - Amsterdam Manor for day use

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
reviews: 8
Eagle Beach Confusion - Amsterdam Manor for day use

I have read various postings on TripAdvisor and Cruise Critics about day use at Amsterdam Manor - that seem (?) contradictory. Some say they do rent chairs and palapas to day-trippers others say not. Has anyone been there recently?

We will be in Aruba for the day on May 4, 2013 so I think we are beyond the main tourist season. We have been on the island twice in the past so are not looking for a tour. Also, my wife had an injury with a slow recovery - she can walk - but not great distances. She would just like to spend the day on a beach. Eagle Beach seems the best for our needs (?) - taxi to the beach and then spend some of the day under some shade with access to the water. But where to go - is Amsterdam Manor possible or have they stopped renting for day use?

If there are other places that would better fit our needs, please let me know. Thank.

Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 18
11. Re: Eagle Beach Confusion - Amsterdam Manor for day use

Arubalisa - that was my one gripe staying at AMBR. We were there two years in a row in March and the cruise ship people came in quite a few times during our first stay....at the time, it didn't bother me enough to say I wouldn't stay there again. However, the second time around realizing how much more quiet the beach is without renting chairs/palapas, it did bother me a bit more. There was also an incident with a rude group from a cruise ship who told the beach attendant they were not giving him a dime when they helped themselves to chairs. Finally, the attendant threatened to involve management (and my husband almost ran to get someone!) and the woman threw the money at him. I was livid.

We met a wonderful couple from MA the first year we stayed there. They have an arrangement with AMBR - however, they bring their own chairs and stay in the far back under a palapa. They reside at apartments nearby for 2-3 months over the winter. They have been doing this for years and don't bother a soul.

I think it seems that maybe the other beach at MVC isn't big enough to accommodate everyone, so it spills over back to AMBR?

Edited: 1:21 pm, September 04, 2013
Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
reviews: 68
12. Re: Eagle Beach Confusion - Amsterdam Manor for day use

I asked for clarification of their policy on their FB page. Here is the response:

"We of course want our guests to enjoy the quietness of our beach and therefore don’t promote cruise passengers to visit us. Nevertheless are all beaches public so we do offer cruise passengers beach chairs on the left end side. Since Amsterdam Manor is a relatively small resort we have enough beach chairs and palapas for all our guests and it is not necessary to get up early to ‘reserve’ a spot.

In addition we made the necessary arrangements to get more palapas and lounge chairs at MVC Eagle Beach, our sister hotel located at Eagle Beach as well. Eagle Beach is very wide so there is plenty of space for everyone to enjoy the white powder sand and the calm Caribbean waters."

Sudbury, Canada
reviews: 38
13. Re: Eagle Beach Confusion - Amsterdam Manor for day use

Thanks Arubalisa! I'm staying at MVC this winter for two weeks and was little concerned reading these posts, but feel better now.

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 65
14. Re: Eagle Beach Confusion - Amsterdam Manor for day use

We are staying at MVC now and the cruisers arrived yesterday in full force. It was definitely a change from the peaceful day before but still there was no problem with palapas and chairs for us guests. And even with the onslaught the beach is wide enough to accommodate all enjoyably.

Sudbury, Canada
reviews: 38
15. Re: Eagle Beach Confusion - Amsterdam Manor for day use

Thanks so much for posting!

Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 18
16. Re: Eagle Beach Confusion - Amsterdam Manor for day use

Glad they replied ArubaLisa!

17. Re: Eagle Beach Confusion - Amsterdam Manor for day use

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, September 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach