We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need desperate help! Riu...

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
need desperate help! Riu...

hi everyone, I know that all of you are also anxious to find out how the RIU palace was, and my mom and I are frequent flyers and we expect good service everywhere we go...

that being said, I was really nervous after reading all of these "bad" reviews, and we are leaving in less than a week and i need at least an inch of a review as to how it was because I really don't want our two weeks at the RIU to be bad.

Thank you for the amazing picture by the way - I was actually a little bit relieved to see that it was getting there. We called a lot of people to get answers and they said that they are going to open all restaurants on aug 4, and that the vegetation will be placed on that day as well. They say it's 100 percent operation, so we're hoping that it is. Plus I understand there is no disco? I may be wrong.....

PLEASE HELP!

Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 17
1. Re: need desperate help! Riu...

There are currently about 100 Riu threads. ;-)

In all seriousness, if you search, you'll find quite a few threads dedicated to the Riu hopefully with answers to your questions.

Ontario
2. Re: need desperate help! Riu...

i know - i look at every single one about every hour of the day - but it is all from people (althought im still thankful) who have not REALLY stayed there.....I'm looking for someone's review where they already experienced everything there.

Thank you for writing back to me though

Columbus, OH
reviews: 3
3. Re: need desperate help! Riu...

I also have a reservation next week from 8/8-8/14. I was on the verge on cancelling until I saw Toodles pix. I can live w/o the landscaping- I see grass all the time in Ohio! I also think the low number of guests can be a plus. And lastly- the price was so good- even if we go out to dinner off the resort a couple of times we're still ahead of what we would be paying at The Hyatt (our back-up plan). Maybe I'll see you there....

Ontario
4. Re: need desperate help! Riu...

ya i was worried about the lack of vegetation, but im more concerned about the entertainment, and the service.

Haha well i might be the only young one there we'll see.

i unno - im getting confident with the pictures and all, just can't wait for an accurate review.

Have fun by the way!

Los Angeles...
reviews: 13
5. Re: need desperate help! Riu...

my travel agent stayed there opening week. we are good friends so I trust her completely. She said...hotel is beautiful, but not done. needs another 6 -8 weeks of TLC. Vegitation is not grown in yet but getting there. only good service was at the pool. only 1 tower is really 100% functional. The other dosen't have windows and the 3rd is almost done. Beach front rooms and palapas are still being worked on but it is still beautiful. She said the service and lack of anyone knowing what they were doing was more frustrating then the actual hotel not being finished. Pool was awesome and overall it was incredible but just not quite done. She had a great time anyway...

Ontario
6. Re: need desperate help! Riu...

Thank you - I am a little disappointed with the idea that there is no disco and very minimal entertainment at night.

I guess we'll just have to find something to do at night!

Philadelphia
reviews: 3
7. Re: need desperate help! Riu...

Zycheek- Hey, I hope you have a great time, and I think I might have the info that you are looking for- cut and paste the attached link:

www.riubambu.com/reviewpost/showproduct.php…

This is a review by someone that stayed at the RIU on the opening day (July 20th). I am sure that things will be fine, you are staying at a brand new resort, trying out everything "first" and the resort is not at full occupancy so you wont have to deal with all the crowds! Have a ball, heck you are going to ARUBA!!! My fiance and I cant wait, see everyone there 8/22-8/31!

8. Re: need desperate help! Riu...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, September 07, 2009