We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricanes!?! reassure me please.

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Syracuse, New York
reviews: 11
Hurricanes!?! reassure me please.

One of the reasons we chose aruba was because we heard that the location of the island makes it very rare to be hit by a hurricane...

well, we are leaving in 35 days or so for aruba and now I'm starting to get worried .. please reassure me that we'll be ok!! :D

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
reviews: 65
1. Re: Hurricanes!?! reassure me please.

You will be just fine! We go to Aruba every year in Sept. and never any problems.

Oakton
reviews: 3
2. Re: Hurricanes!?! reassure me please.

ArubaAmy is so correct. In fact the reason we have spent the last 6 years in Aruba was the Hurricanes we encountered in our annual trip to the Outer Banks in NC. What really concerns me however is getting there in August in what is usually Hurricane month. Most flights,at least from the DC area,have stop overs in Miami and San Juan. Once in Aruba all is quiet.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
reviews: 68
3. Re: Hurricanes!?! reassure me please.

Like Amy said, do not worry. Aruba in September is fabulous.

Oakton
reviews: 3
4. Re: Hurricanes!?! reassure me please.

Just noticed I was a bit selfish in my post as I only thought about our trip in August (19 to (9/3) and you would be going in September. In either case Aruba will be fine. Have a wonderful time.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
reviews: 7
5. Re: Hurricanes!?! reassure me please.

Well, Felix almost made its mark. LOL It is true..........Aruba is very unlikely to be affected by a hurricane but it can happen.

I know it's been a while but it has been hit in the past. Your chances of being hit by a hurricane are greater in other areas.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
reviews: 68
6. Re: Hurricanes!?! reassure me please.

We are also right now and for the next 2 weeks or so, at the very height of the hurricane season.

Chester, United...
reviews: 11
7. Re: Hurricanes!?! reassure me please.

We are also travelling to Aruba 25th September for two weeks. This was booked because I believed Aruba to be outside the hurricane belt.

I don't know the true extent of the damage, only reports I am reading in the UK.

On a positive note I have friends who have just returned from the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico. They were there for Hurricane Dean and it would appear the the reports we were hearing here were far worst than it actually was - they slept through it and although the sea was rough the next day they were out and by the pool by the afternoon.

Oh well fingers crossed.

If anyone knows first hand about any damage I would be interested to hear.

8. Re: Hurricanes!?! reassure me please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, September 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach