We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of the Tam

Which Oranjestad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hauppauge, New York
reviews: 34
Thinking of the Tam

We have 3 children 19, 16 & 14 and are thinking of a week at the tam in January. Some of the postings don't give it very good reviews. We want simple accomadations, a nice beach and good food. Has anyone been recently? Let me know if there are any other suggestions. I really don't like high rises. thanks

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 99
1. Re: Thinking of the Tam

We were at the Tam in April with our 17 year old and 15 year old and they LOVED it. There were so many activities for them--tennis, bicycling, snorkeling, windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, volleyball, water volleyball, etc. It's a good mix of group activities, if they like that, and individual activities if that's what they prefer. (One of our kids loved snorkeling alone and the other kid wanted to be doing group activities.) The accomodations are not fancy, but they are clean and well-maintained. The food in the buffets is not gourmet, but it is surprisingly good and plentiful (which is especially good for teens). The pizza bar is great and I understand it's been upgraded since we were there. Finally, for really good food, get reservations at Paparazzi at the Tam and the Red Parrott at the Divi. (I understand that people staying at the Tam will have access to both properties beginning in January.) Finally, the beach at the Tam cannot be beat. You walk straight from your room to the beach and it's pristine. I loved it!

For a more in-depth description, you can check out my lengthy hotel review from April.

Hauppauge, New York
2. Re: Thinking of the Tam

can u send the link to that posting? thanks

Arlington, Virginia
3. Re: Thinking of the Tam

Here you go:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147248-d150…

Hauppauge, New York
4. Re: Thinking of the Tam

thanks so much it is a great review - we will be in aruba in 3 weeks and will check out the tam then. do u think it would be less expenseive to book directly with the hotel? And would you suggest the 2000 - 2400 block? I appreciate all your help thanks again

Arlington, Virginia
5. Re: Thinking of the Tam

I definitely would recommend the 2000-2400 block of rooms. They are at the far end of the property, so you have to walk more to get to the restaurants, gym, water sports, etc. but it is also quieter there and less crowded on the beach (although no place on the beach at the Tam is what I would considered "crowded"). Also, there are no rocks on the beach in this area, so you can sprint directly to your room to the water. There is a second bar around the 1900 block of rooms, so you're still not too far from liquid refreshment when you want it.

We booked directly from their website, so I don't know how it compares to other booking methods.

Hauppauge, New York
6. Re: Thinking of the Tam

thanks for your help

notts, england
7. Re: Thinking of the Tam

we got back fron the tamarijn yesterday. we have been to many caribbean destinations and we will definitely be returning to aruba. in fact we will definitely be staying at the tamarijn again.

the accomadation is newly refurbished to an excellent standard, very clean spacious rooms which are cleaned every day. all the rooms overlook the powder white beach and the sea.

food is excellent, plenty of variety on the buffet, or you can eat at either the paparazzi restaurant or the palm grill restaurant. alternatively there is a snack bar serving pizza's etc from 11am til 1am!! there is always the restaurants at the divi(sister hotel), definitely recommend the red parrot.

there is plenty for younger ones to do ( or young at heart like myself) , kayaking, wind surfing, snorkeling,rock climbing, fully equipped gym, games room, pool tables, cycling, tennis, pool lilos (airbeds). all of these are free of charge and equipment is provided.

there is also daily activities organised by the entertainment team eg, volleyball, waterpolo etc.

there is also evening entertainment.

there is one main pool near the bars( which was never busy) and also a couple of smaller pools and a jacuzzi on the hotel grounds where you can escape from the kids if you desire.

i would be very surprised if this hotel does not meet your requirements as we are very particular and we were very very pleased.

Florida
reviews: 6
8. Re: Thinking of the Tam

I stayed at the Tam last November and will be returning again November 9. Last year I booked the entire trip through American airlines and this year Travelocity. The rates seemed to be highest booking directly with the hotel, which is unusual.

Harrisburg, PA
reviews: 3
9. Re: Thinking of the Tam

We will be traveling to the Tam on November 6th and will be happy to respond after the trip. Cannot wait to see beautiful Aruba - this will be our first trip!

Hauppauge, New York
10. Re: Thinking of the Tam

thanks i look forward to your review

Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad