We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Divi - Wind

Which Oranjestad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 16
Divi - Wind

I just booked the Divi Aruba. Last time I was there was 12 years ago and some things are starting to come back to me. I just remembered there was a wind issue. My husband and I were sand blasted a few days while trying on the beach.

I am considering going the last week of May 2013. Can one of the experts tell me if the wind is a problem during this time frame? The last time I was there was during March and one of the locals told us that the Easter winds were blowing. Just curious. Thank you.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 123
1. Re: Divi - Wind

I think without the wind, many folks would find the heat intolerable. Sandblasting is an infrequent occurrence. You may find this link helpful:

windfinder.com/windstats/windstatistic_aruba…

I'm laughing at the local's pronouncement; since Easter comes at different times every year, I think he was pulling your leg a bit.

Boston...
2. Re: Divi - Wind

I have been many times in various months. Feb, April, Early June many times, late june, july...never had issues with sandblasting. And like Lori mentioned, you need the wind or it would feel gross.

Boston
3. Re: Divi - Wind

Thanks guys, that makes me feel better. It will be quite hot, so a nice breeze would be welcome.

Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
4. Re: Divi - Wind

We had sand blasting twice in March/April. I think you should be fine in May. It wasn't an every day occurrence, but happened off and on during the week.

reviews: 32
5. Re: Divi - Wind

We are at the Divi right now. The winds are very strong today, and the waves are bigger than we have ever seen. I hope it calms down a bit, although you do need the wind or it would be very uncomfortable.

6. Re: Divi - Wind

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad