We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store in Aruba

Which Oranjestad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Westbury
reviews: 25
Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store in Aruba

My wife and I have been visiting Aruba for over 30 years, every single year.

But unfortunately when a gem like Aruba starts to get over built and over commercialized you have the less trustworthy merchants moving onto the Island.

We have never ever had a problem with anything we purchased until this past vacation when we made a large purchase from Little Europe jewelry store. As anniversary present I bought my wife a wedding band and a new engagement ring. Of course the salesman stated it will be appraised for more than you paid etc etc. Any problem we have a service center in New York etc etc.

Well by the time we arrived home the stones were falling out of the ring, we brought it to our local jeweler who appraised it at a much less than we paid, and he said the quality of the setting and the workmanship was very inferior and the ring will continually loose the stones. I tried numerous times to speak to the owner of the store, Little Europe, but of course - not available. Service center in New York-nonexistent. When I finally spoke to a salesman he said don't worry when you come back next year we will "exchange" it for you.

The way Little Europe and Times Square do business they probably won't be in business next year

Buyer Beware and STAY AWAY from Little Europe and Times Square frequent a store that has been on the island longer and doesn't call you "brother" when he first meets you.

48 replies to this topic
White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
reviews: 79
1. Re: Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store in Aruba

So sorry that happened. Keep the ring and try to bring it back. Stones should not fall out. I only deal with certain stores.

I had a bracelet fall apart when I did buy it many years ago from a store I did not know. Wasn't surprised

Pls try to return it on your next trip.

Westbury
2. Re: Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store in Aruba

Thank you for your reply

But I prefer not dealing with stores that are not reputable. I am disputing the charge through American Express but they aren't helping as much as I would have expected, considering I have been a member of Amex for 25 years.

They did offer to exchange it when I go back in February but I'm hesitant about buying anything else from them.

They claim that they have service locations in New York but they refuse to give me the address, I guess it doesn't exist.

I guess I will have to stand in front of their shoppe with a an old fashioned sandwich sign whenever the cruise ships come into port.

I'm sure that would work, and it would also help to get people like you to help me stand up for our rights to purchase legitimate items.

Thank you

Mark D

Edited: 3:06 pm, September 17, 2012
Nepalgunj, Nepal
reviews: 48
3. Re: Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store in Aruba

Just posting here will reach many! I won't be taking a chance shopping there.

On top of my DON'T list for Aruba.

Thanks for the warning.

Mansfield...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store in Aruba

thanks for the warning, I am returning in October and will NOT shop there,

Georgetown, Ontario...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store in Aruba

Thank you for the warning, my husband and I will be visiting Aruba in November and will not step foot in the store, thanks again.

Westbury
6. Re: Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store in Aruba

Thanks to everyone for their support.

Little Europe also has another store in Palm Beach, so beware....

The other location goes by the name TIMES SQUARE

SO......................

Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store in downtown Oranjestad Aruba

and

Beware of TIMES SQUARE Jewelry Store in palm Beach aruba

Boston, MA
reviews: 13
7. Re: Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store in Aruba

You will be surprised what your post will do to their business -

Sorry this happened to you but at least you are doing something about it. Be sure to exchange it when you return.

If you have a local jeweler you may want to find out if he would exchange the setting you bouight in Aruba for one of his - it may cost you a little more but you will have peace of mind!

Westbury
8. Re: Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store in Aruba

Your idea is good but currently I asking American express for their assistance which is NOT working out to well.

I always thought that paying with your purchase with the American Express card they would stand behind you, especially with their buyer protection policies they advertise so much.

But according to American Express they are limited on what they can do internationally. So I will be looking into other credit cards, as well as a another jewelry store to do business with on my next trip.

Scuba Mark

Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store in Oranjestad Aruba

and Times Square in Palm Beach Aruba

Edited: 2:08 pm, September 19, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 5
9. Re: Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store in Aruba

Appreciate the advise - I'd like a gold charm for my bracelet...where should I shop for this?

Westbury
10. Re: Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store in Aruba

It all depends where you are staying while in Aruba. There are many reputable stores, such as Little Switzerland, Germani's, Kay's Jewelry. All of these stores have been around for many years and have good reputations.

Hope you enjoy your vacation

ScubaMark

Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store in downtown Oranjestad Aruba

Beware of TIMES SQUARE Jewelry Store in palm Beach aruba

Edited: 10:54 pm, September 28, 2012
Reply to: Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store in Aruba
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad