We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do to?

Which Oranjestad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, ON
reviews: 2
What do to?

I have a friend docking on a cruise and is the sight-seeing, nerdy type ;) She asked me to post for her to get and idea of some things to do for the day (her first time to Aruba) - it will be early May.

THanks in advance!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
reviews: 65
1. Re: What do to?

I would suggest a jeep tour of the island or a snorkel cruise. If she's the sightseeing type then maybe the jeep tour would be the best so she'll be able to see the entire island. Or...the helicopter tour is a TON of FUN!! One of our favorite tours - seeing Aruba by air!

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: What do to?

I'm the nerdy friend. Thanks for the jeep suggestion!

We were also thinking of maybe hiring a cab for the day or half-day. Do you know of any companies?

(I'm pretty sure that we can get a cab at the pier but I like to plan ahead!)

London, ON
3. Re: What do to?

Thanks for the help, just wanted to bump this up for ya ;)

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
reviews: 65
4. Re: What do to?

This link has a couple of telephone numbers to the taxi services, email address, and rates ($40/hour if you want to use a taxi for your own tour):

http://www.airportaruba.com/en/to&from/taxi/

London, ON
5. Re: What do to?

Thanks again!

North Carolina
6. Re: What do to?

You can also rent a car at the peer and explore on your own, which I would highly recommend! Aruba is not that big and it is really easy to drive there (other than the lack of signs for some places/things.) Just do some research on what you want to see and chart your own course for the day. If it is a Carnival cruise you will be there all day and late evening, so you should have plenty of time.

Do you have specific interests (snorekling, shopping, gambling, etc.)?

Toronto, Canada
7. Re: What do to?

Thanks for the help!

Are there any tour companies that your recommend?

Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad