We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fresh, local seafood

Which Aruba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PA
reviews: 5
Fresh, local seafood

We're considering traveling to Aruba this November to celebrate our 15-year anniversary. I have Celiac disease and a few other food allergies and tend to do all my cooking in so I don't have issues at restaurants.

I'd love to still be able to enjoy plenty of fresh seafood. In fact, I can't tolerate most of it frozen due to the preservatives and high histamine content. Are there fish markets or places where local fishermen sell really fresh stuff? I have no idea what area we'll be staying in yet. Thanks!

Boston
reviews: 1
1. Re: Fresh, local seafood

zeerovers

Boston
reviews: 1
2. Re: Fresh, local seafood

also laguna pier

Vancouver BC
reviews: 2
3. Re: Fresh, local seafood

you can find local fish fresh caught from the sea,when the fishermens come in around 10-11am at Hadicurari Pier. they usually sell the catch to the Hadicurari restaurant located there. Moomba Beach is also right next to the Hadicurari Restaurant.

Probably, you can get fresh fish at Super Foods or Ling and Son's grocery stores also.

Edited: 7:31 pm, April 30, 2013
boston
reviews: 7
4. Re: Fresh, local seafood

zeerovers

Philadelphia...
reviews: 145
5. Re: Fresh, local seafood

Zeerover sells fresh fish and shrimp. Here's a video showing you how to get there:

bentpage.net/2011/…

NJ
reviews: 93
6. Re: Fresh, local seafood

Last time we went to Zeerovers to buy fresh shrimps and were told that they are not selling fresh seafood anymore, only cooked meals. They actually sold us shrimps but I'm not sure if I will try to buy it again. Unfortunately they deep fry all seafood they cook... Any recent updates? Do they still sell fresh seafood or not anymore?

boston
7. Re: Fresh, local seafood

when were you there last? we are looking to go there this week.

NJ
reviews: 93
8. Re: Fresh, local seafood

last September

Minnesota
9. Re: Fresh, local seafood

Is there any place in Aruba that you can buy the fish from the fishermen and then take it to a restaurant and they cook it for you?

10. Re: Fresh, local seafood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 08, 2014