We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone ever rented a car from Wheels2go or Payless?

Which Aruba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago suburbs
Anyone ever rented a car from Wheels2go or Payless?

Also do they pick you up at airport? Or should I just rent a car from a rental company who is already at the airport?

17 replies to this topic
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
reviews: 54
1. Re: Anyone ever rented a car from Wheels2go or Payless?

We've rented from Payless many times and I'm renting from them this Friday. They will pick you up at the airport and take you to their office which is located at the Toyota dealership between the airport and downtown on the main road. When you return the car, you'll return it to the same office and they'll drive you to the airport and drop you off at the departure terminal.

NJ
reviews: 39
2. Re: Anyone ever rented a car from Wheels2go or Payless?

I rented from Wheel 2 go last year, they had cars onsite at the Bucuti, brand new cars, no problems

Lexington, Kentucky
reviews: 8
3. Re: Anyone ever rented a car from Wheels2go or Payless?

So you were happy with wheels2go? Was the car teeny tiny?

Lexington, Kentucky
4. Re: Anyone ever rented a car from Wheels2go or Payless?

Where did you end up renting?

NJ
reviews: 39
5. Re: Anyone ever rented a car from Wheels2go or Payless?

I was happy with Wheels2go, we rented from them again this year. Car was fine, we aren't picky. It was a small car, but not the real tiny ones.

texas
reviews: 15
6. Re: Anyone ever rented a car from Wheels2go or Payless?

We rented from Payless this last time and wasn't very happy with the condition of the car. The service was great and people very friendly.

New Jersey
reviews: 133
7. Re: Anyone ever rented a car from Wheels2go or Payless?

We are about to reserve a rental from Wheels2go for Sept. Our regular agency (Tropic) has always been "the best"!! However, this year, they have no cars available for the dates we need them. Wheels2go was recommended by Tropic and if Hans approves of them, that's good enough for me! :)

Lexington, Kentucky
8. Re: Anyone ever rented a car from Wheels2go or Payless?

We are in Aruba right now, renting from Payless. The car is a Yaris, and not spectacular (windows roll up by hand), but it is fine for the four of us on an island that is 70 square miles.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 132
9. Re: Anyone ever rented a car from Wheels2go or Payless?

We love Tropic, too, but Hans didn't have anything available for our dates, either, and he recommended wheels2go. I have found their communication to be excellent, and I was astonished to learn that a cell phone would be included in the rental.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
reviews: 54
10. Re: Anyone ever rented a car from Wheels2go or Payless?

Every rental I've had in Aruba (always a small car) from various companies over many, many years has always had windows that you needed to roll up/down by hand. If you want a nicer vehicle with bells and whistles then you have to reserve/pay for one.

We rented from Payless in April and had, as always, a good car and service. Renting from them again in Nov.

Reply to: Anyone ever rented a car from Wheels2go or Payless?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted