We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise & stay in Aruba

Great Falls, Montana
Cruise & stay in Aruba

I want to cruise and stay in Aruba for 5 to 7 days ... can you help me find information?

Thank you.

10 replies to this topic
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 18
1. Re: Cruise & stay in Aruba

I'm not sure you can get off of a ship mid-cruise as far as I know. Good luck finding a cruise line that will allow you to do that, I don't think it's possible?

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 91
2. Re: Cruise & stay in Aruba

Agree, if you are leaving from the US on a closed-loop cruise, you are not allowed to get off and stay in Aruba, as far as I know. And, there are no cruises that begin and end in Aruba.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
reviews: 68
3. Re: Cruise & stay in Aruba

Pullmantur Cruises offers a 7 day itinerary departing from Aruba from April 2013 though early January 2014.

The itinerary is Caracas (La Guaira), Venezuela, Curacao, Colon, Panama, Cartagena, Colombia.

They are a Spanish cruise line catering to Spanish language clientele so the primary language used on board is Spanish, however, most staff speak English.

Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 18
4. Re: Cruise & stay in Aruba

Good to know Lisa...so the person could potentially start their trip in Aruba early, and then cruise out from there.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 6
5. Re: Cruise & stay in Aruba

We did this cruise with Pullmantur in 2011 so if you need any information would be happy to help. It was a fantastic trip. I would recommend that you either speak Spanish or be comfortable with knowing that 99% of those around you are speaking Spanish.

Bexleyheath, United...
reviews: 9
6. Re: Cruise & stay in Aruba

Some of these posts are quite old now, has anyone done a cruise and stay in Aruba since them. I have seen that Pullmantur still advertise, we will be travelling from a London Airport, has anyone done the trip via Amsterdam Schipol?

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
reviews: 68
7. Re: Cruise & stay in Aruba

Did some googling and found www.travelweekly.com/Cruise/Cruise-Search…

Bexleyheath, United...
reviews: 9
8. Re: Cruise & stay in Aruba

Great thanks

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 15
9. Re: Cruise & stay in Aruba

Hi Purestone

We are going on the Pullmantar cruise in a few days!! We wanted to know what you did (and what was safe) at the ports. So far I am finding Caracas and colon to be stops we may not venture very far from the boat. If you have any suggestions that would be fabulous! We are Canadian and don't speak much Spanish at all (but chose this trip for the experience and culture!)

Vancouver BC
reviews: 2
10. Re: Cruise & stay in Aruba

@hova9 It would be best for you to send Purestone a Private Message as they posted in this thread March 30, 2013. Click on Purestone's picture and you will see "Send Message" on the left hand side.

Reply to: Cruise & stay in Aruba
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted