We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Cabana

pittsburgh
La Cabana

Can a resort owner tell me if rm 337b is a 2 br? thx

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
reviews: 65
1. Re: La Cabana

B units are studios.

www.arubaluxurycondos.com/lacabana.htm#rlay

pittsburgh
2. Re: La Cabana

I'm thinking of buying this unit and the seller tells me its a 1br. 9000 pts. What does the points mean? Im a Surf Club weeks owner. Not familiar with the points thing. thx

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
reviews: 65
3. Re: La Cabana

It's something with Bluegreen Points. I'm not an owner there so don't know any details. But I do know the B units are studios. A and C units are one bedrooms.

pittsburgh
4. Re: La Cabana

Yes, thx Amy. That is an informative site about La cabana. I emailed owner to dispute his claim of a 1br and have not heard back yet.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
reviews: 120
5. Re: La Cabana

Go to the LaCabana website. And look at the units. Why would the owner give you wrong information.

Of course, when we were going to buy a unit, the buyer did tell us it was a Saturday unit and it wasn't. So why should why should i question this. In my LaCabana experience B units are studios.

good luck.points are a Bluegreen thing. We do not have them

Edited: 5:44 pm, December 07, 2012
Astoria, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 22
6. Re: La Cabana

I own 338C and it is a one bedroom. I recently stayed in 134B and it was a studio. Very spacious for a studio but not a one bedroom by any means. The studio has a separate sitting area with TV, the bed is just a full size and it is situated between the kitchen and the sitting area. One bedroom units are much larger and more like an apartment. IMO....the studio is an over sized hotel room with a very nice kitchenette area. Kitchen much larger in the one bedroom and you have 2 TV's, one in the bedroom as well as the living room.

I can't help with the points thing. We are fixed week owners and I've never cared to waste vacation time to learn about how the point system works...sorry couldn't be more helpful there. If someone wants to explain it here, I would love to read it also :)

Edited: 5:51 pm, December 07, 2012
Astoria, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
7. Re: La Cabana

Forgot to mention...one bedroom units have King size beds.

pittsburgh
8. Re: La Cabana

He has never stayed there. Was using points to go to other BG resorts. He was going by a chart of what each unit costs you in points. Could be any size unit as long as you have enough points. Points value changes at different times of year..peak / nonpeak tec. 9000 points could get me a 2 br at certain times of the year.

Astoria, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
9. Re: La Cabana

So you pay for points?? Then what - you buy the unit with your points and what determines when you go on vacation? Thanks for the info!

pittsburgh
10. Re: La Cabana

you can go your deeded week and unit or view an availabilty of other units in the bluegreen resort network. I think. So Im told.Hopefully someone can confirm or correct.

Edited: 7:20 pm, December 07, 2012