We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antigua virgin / Wedding

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barnsley, United...
reviews: 2
Antigua virgin / Wedding

Hiya everyone , me and my fiancee are getting married in Antigua (Blue Waters) in sept and need your help!!Has anyone got married there in the past that has any handy tips on hotel ,procedure , good points , bad points about the ceremony??? Also what is the weather like at that time of year(generally! -been to carribean on several ocasions-cuba ,dom rep and i know it can differ from region to region, ) i know we cant predict the weather but if someone has travelled in recent years ;end of aug -beginning of sept any help/advice would be great.Lastly,what to do while in that neck of the woods,-i know it will be my wedding/honeymoon ha ha but seriously any good suggestions re bars , clubs ,places to visit (of a romantic nature)would really help us (me)out !!! Thanks in advance to you all on TA

Atlanta
reviews: 5
1. Re: Antigua virgin / Wedding

M&C....Congrats! Make sure you take out travelers insurance as that is prime hurrican season. AS far as Antigua don't go until June so I can't really give you a fair answer. I have been to several other islands in the vicinity and I can tell you it can be sweltering heat but that's what that beautiful ocean is for. Good luck and have a great time.

anu
reviews: 48
2. Re: Antigua virgin / Wedding

Hi

I think you have made a lovely choice of hotel, this is not a clubbing type of place more of a quiet relaxing environment. Entertainment is available in the evening, a steel band or a fashion show with some music but it is really not a loud resort, my guess is most people are in bed by 11pm. It really is beautiful though and the girls there will organize your wedding really well.

September will be hot, Antigua has winds mostly all year but around September they usually die away and its hot and still. Of course June to November is hurricane season so its any ones guess what the weather will bring!

There are lots of clubs and bars in St John though you have to remember you are way off the tourist season which runs mostly November through till May so it probably will be pretty quiet.

I am sure you will have a great time, try a sunset cruise ( very romantic) a trip up Shirley Heights for the sunset.

Have fun - Mun

devonian england
reviews: 6
3. Re: Antigua virgin / Wedding

hi we are getting married at blue waters on 17th april so when i get back will let u know everything i can sharon

New Jersey
reviews: 1
4. Re: Antigua virgin / Wedding

Dear Mickandcharl:

We got married in Antigua in December 2005. After extensively researching a place in the Carribean, we chose Antigua & Blue Waters Resort, mainly b/c of TripAdvisor & the comments & pics that we saw. There were aspects to Blue Waters that we loved, such as the jetty and the gazebo where the cerimony took place. Overall, Antigua is amazing - and we would recommend Blue Waters, but only if you are not looking for any type of super nightlife, or resort-based day activities. It's very quiet - we felt like we had the place to ourselves, and very relaxing. We went on a lot of day trips - like Eli's speed boat adventure antigua (highly recommend), the helicopter ride over the volcano, and we also booked a private catamaran sunset cruise for after our wedding cerimony. THAT was the highlight of our wedding -absolutely amazing and unforgettable.

I don't know about weather in Sept, but our weather in early December was great - only rained for a few hours one day.

I have tons of pictures, if you're interested. Just let me know - and congrats and best wishes!

-Megan

Barnsley, United...
5. Re: Antigua virgin / Wedding

Thanks shaz1617 any info would be greatly appreciated , hope you have a fab time !!

Atlanta, Georgia
6. Re: Antigua virgin / Wedding

My fiance and I are also planning a wedding for Antigua - in April 2008. We are still trying to figure out the best place to have the wedding. Initially I was thinking of a less expensive resort for the actual wedding, as we will have 10-20 guests. We are trying to decide between Blue Waters and Jumby Beach for our honeymoon..which we will move to probably a day or two after the wedding. Any suggestions??

Also, this may be random but anyone know what a "caribbean wedding cake" is? Most of the wedding packages offer it, but I'm thinking I'd much rather a 2-tier chocolate cake....do these even exist in Antigua? I guess I should enjoy the experience of the desination, but I'm not a fan of fruit/rum cakes.

For those who have had weddings in Antigua, did you use the hotel photographer? What are your recommendations on this? Thanks for all of your help!

7. Re: Antigua virgin / Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about St. John's