We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grand Antigua/ airport in Antigua

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bracebridge, Canada
reviews: 8
Sandals Grand Antigua/ airport in Antigua

Posted this in the Antigua forum yesterday and thought this forum would be better to receive reponses. We are going to Sandals Grande Antigua early Dec. We have booked the seaside rondoval and questioning if the thatched huts in front of the rondovals are reserved for those booked into these suites. In addition how big is the patio area.? I have read many reviews concerning long immigration lines at the airport. By the same token understand that the airport is going under renovations and this may be concluded by Dec. Is anyone aware of the time lines for completion?

10 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for St. John's
reviews: 14
1. Re: Sandals Grand Antigua/ airport in Antigua

The thatched huts are for anyone to use, the Butlers may grab them for their guests if required but they are not specifically for anyone in particular.

I know that Saturday afternoon is busy at the airport as there is usually three big planes arriving together, one for US, one UK and one Canada, my advice is get off the plane asap and make sure you have filled out any paperwork correctly otherwise you may have to go to the back of the queue.

Bracebridge, Canada
2. Re: Sandals Grand Antigua/ airport in Antigua

Thanks ... hopefully Sunday is a little better at the airport. I also can hope that our butler grabs one of these huts. So looking forward to the trip.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for St. John's
reviews: 14
3. Re: Sandals Grand Antigua/ airport in Antigua

I am sure your Butlers will do their best andyou will have a great time, enjoy.

Nashville, Tennessee
reviews: 16
4. Re: Sandals Grand Antigua/ airport in Antigua

When we flew in last month, there were actually 4 large planes landing all within about 45min of each other (AA, Delta from US, 1 from Canada, and a Virgin 747 from the UK). Unfortunately, we were on the last arriving flight, so we got stuck in the immigration line for over an hour.

I actually took a photo of one of the beach rondevals while we were there. Would you like for me to forward it to you? Patio is on the front porch, overlooking the ocean. Not overly large, but big enough for a table and 2 chairs. We saw people eating breakfast on their porch in the mornings. But, it is NOT private at all. The beach-front pathway is about 5ft from the front of the room.

Bracebridge, Canada
5. Re: Sandals Grand Antigua/ airport in Antigua

Thanks - I would love you to forward the picture. I did not think there would be a lot of privacy due to the location but the location on the beach cannot be surpassed in my opinion. .

Urbandale, Iowa
reviews: 9
6. Re: Sandals Grand Antigua/ airport in Antigua

you might also check YouTube. alot of people video tape their rooms while at the resort.

Bracebridge, Canada
7. Re: Sandals Grand Antigua/ airport in Antigua

What a great suggestion - I had many videos for review. Also another trip advisor member sent me a photo. Looking so forward to this and I am sure we shall be leaving +++ cold weather and snow when we arrive in Dec.

Baltimore, Maryland
8. Re: Sandals Grand Antigua/ airport in Antigua

I agree with other posters. Make sure you have completed the entire form BEFORE you arrive in Antigua, so that you will not get sent to the back of the line to complete a section. There are usually airport personnel checking to make sure the form is filled out, especially when it is busy. Best suggestion is to try to be one of the first ones off the plane.

And yes, if you tell your butler where you want to sit on the beach, they will set it up for you. Just make sure you show up and use the space, because after two hours, it is available for anyone else to use.

You will have a great time--this is one of our favorite resorts.

SURREY
reviews: 9
9. Re: Sandals Grand Antigua/ airport in Antigua

the form on the plane is both sides make sure u fill all in cause like others have said u will be sent away again to do it

we went for the first time to sandals last Christmas had a fantastic time going again this yr xxx

have a great time

xxx

Bracebridge, Canada
10. Re: Sandals Grand Antigua/ airport in Antigua

Looking so forward to our trip!!!

Thank you to all that have provided us with great knowledge to get out of the airport!!!

Reply to: Sandals Grand Antigua/ airport in Antigua
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted