We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coconut Beach Club Questions

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grangemouth...
reviews: 18
Coconut Beach Club Questions

Hi there

We have just booked Coconut Beach Club for 3 weeks in November 2014

Although we have been to Antigua before but not this particular hotel, we have a few questions that hopefully someone will be able to answer –

1 Taxi costs (return fares) – to St John’s

to Nelson’s Dockyard/English Harbour

to Shirley Height’s (Sunday evening)

to Stingray City

2 Evening entertainment – we know it’s fairly low key but does anyone know what it consists of?

3 Evening meals at the restaurant – does anybody have a copy of a menu (s) for this restaurant at hand? Also is there a system in place for booking meals at night ie book on the day or day before etc?

Hope someone can help with the above questions – many thanks in advance

6 replies to this topic
UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
reviews: 65
1. Re: Coconut Beach Club Questions

For taxi fares, check www.antiguanice.com/v2/client.php?id=675 - if cbc isn't listed, it will be the same fare (or perhaps a dollar less) as Grand Royal. Rates to other destinations can usually be worked out by adding the fare to St Johns to the fare to the attraction and then subtracting a little bit! Exact fares would need to come from the resort though.

They may change, of course, in the next 18 months. Same goes for any menus etc.

Grangemouth...
reviews: 18
2. Re: Coconut Beach Club Questions

mizgeorge

thanks for that

In respect of the entertainment/evening meal menus - I know it's 18 months away - how sad is that booking a holiday BEFORE the official launch of the brochure - it was really just to get an idea really

forgot to ask if anyone has a reliable email address/name of member of staff for reservations at the CBC as they don;t seem to respond to emails through their website? (perhaps if someone is there just now could find out if possible?)

Lincoln, United...
reviews: 14
3. Re: Coconut Beach Club Questions

Try contacting them via their facebook page

Calgary,Alberta
reviews: 14
4. Re: Coconut Beach Club Questions

We just got back from there two days ago. The sign up sheet for dinner is available when the restaurant opens for breakfast at 7;30 am. Seating starts at 6;30 pm and goes in 30 minute time slots.Last seating is at 9 pm.The time slots from 7-8 pm fill up first so if you want to eat between 7-8 pm sign up first thing at breakfast.Lunch is served from 12;30-2;30.

In the info book in the room I believe I read the cost of a taxi to St. Johns and back was 30$ US for up to 4 pp.It was 20$ US for a one way trip to the airport. To Half Moon Bay the price was 100$ US round trip for up to 4 pp.I think it was between 80-100$ to Nelson's Dockyard etc...

We were there from Friday -Wed and the only live entertainment was a steel drum band on the Sunday caribbean buffet night. The band was wonderful ! Thursday and Sunday nights are buffet and service starts at 7 pm, all the other evening meals are a la carte. The do play low key music ( Sade, Lionel Richie etc...) throughout the day in the restaurant and bar area but it's not intrusive.

As for the dinner menu they offer 3 types of appetizers everynight, a hot soup and a pasta special that you can have as an appetizer or as an entree item.For your entrees they offer a meat, fish and vegetarian option. Dessert consists of fruit salad, a cake or pie item and then the choice of a flavored icecream.

The portions are not huge but we were full after having an appie, soup, entree and dessert each evening.

They offer a rose, white and red chilean wine but no sparkling wine for lunch and dinner. The drinks are basic, only blender drink they make is a pina colada.

Breakfast is geared towards the british guests, baked beans and mushy scrambled eggs along with pancakes or french toast, bacon & sausage. The kitchen will make other types of eggs if you don't want scrambled.

The email on their website gets a response within 24-48 hours ( we booked our stay seperate from our flight).I contacted them to confirm our reservation a week before we arrived and heard back in a timely manner.

If you have any other questions fire away and I'll try to answer them...

Kent, England
reviews: 32
5. Re: Coconut Beach Club Questions

I stayed at CBC with my husband for 2 weeks last June and we are due to go back this year. The previous poster summerised things quite well. In addition to the steel band night there is also a Managers reception when there was one guy playing a steel drum. The other nights was usually sitting round the bar chatting. As for drinks they will pretty much mix up most things if they have the ingredients. My favourites were the Bloody Marys and Coconut Martinis. Wine was pretty good too. When we were there there was always a pasta dish on offer in the evenings which I think you could have as well as the other courses if you find you need to more to eat. Also at 4pm there was tea and coffee with sandwishes or cakes. We never went hungry. We loved the place for the peace and quiet, utter relaxation, and the friendly staff.

Brighton, United...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Coconut Beach Club Questions

We are considering spending our holiday at the Coconut Beach Club. We are a bit fussy and were wondering what brands/makes of Vodka and dark Rum they have at the bar? Do they have plenty of ice available? Is it possible to just get drinks to enjoy on your balcony if you wanted. Can you get a drink to enjoy on the beach during the day.

Reply to: Coconut Beach Club Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted