We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eco vs. Xtreme tour

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
reviews: 15
Eco vs. Xtreme tour

Anyone done either of these excursions? What are the advantages of one over the other? Thanks.

Chipping Norton...
reviews: 21
1. Re: Eco vs. Xtreme tour

We did the eco tour in Nov 2011 and thought it was an excellent day out and very good value for money.

You see a lot of the west and north of the island - and learn a lot about the flora, fauna and ecology of Antigua from your friendly knowledgable crew. We enjoyed seeing the mangroves and climbing Devil's Gate (look out for the present day trilobites!) Lunch was really good - as was the rum punch when the day's "activities" were over and we were heading back to the various drop off points.

Check out the reviews on this site and I'm sure you'll find that most people have had a great day.

We chose this trip as we were not prticularly interested in seeing Sting Ray City (seen one sting ray, seen them all.....!) - but still got to see a lot of the island and enjoyed a fast boat ride.

Hope this helps

Lake District, UK
reviews: 5
2. Re: Eco vs. Xtreme tour

I think that the biggest difference in the nature of the two excursions is pace.

While the Eco boat isn't slow, it's not like the full on power boat that is used for the Xtreme tour, which really flies as you move from place to place.

There is plenty to see, snorkelling and a yummy lunch on both, but the Xtreme tour gets the adrenalin pumping while the Eco tour is more sedate.

Minneapolis
reviews: 37
3. Re: Eco vs. Xtreme tour

We did the Xrtreme tour last year. We're not adrenaline junkies and this turned out to be a great option.

Snorkeled twice, picnic on a desserted beach, checked out the marina with the mega-boats and learned a lot about the island from the captain.

I can't compare this to the eco, but I can tell you this is an excellent value.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 6
4. Re: Eco vs. Xtreme tour

Can't speak for the xtreme, not having done it, but I did the eco tour last year and my family really enjoyed it. Judging by the quality of the guides on our eco tour, I'd have to say that you probably can't go wrong with either one.

MI
reviews: 2
5. Re: Eco vs. Xtreme tour

We have done both tours multiple times and enjoyed both. The Extreme tour, however gives you a good look at the entire island while the Eco tour stays for the most part in the north sound. I am sure you would not be disappointed with either.

Personally, we enjoyed the stops at Green Island and Rendezvous Bay (a secluded beach). These were part of the Extreme tour.

Tom Judy - Michigan

Edited: 1:42 pm, February 04, 2013
Leeds, United...
reviews: 31
6. Re: Eco vs. Xtreme tour

Have done both. would recommend both but have to say the extreme saw loads more at a fast pace and was a bit of a wow(and I don't like this sort of thing usually!)

Sit a the front for the real thrill and at the back for a more secure journey but expect to get a little wet depending on weather conditions (went early January so not as calm as normal) The guys will put your stuff away for you to secure it.

Superb experience

Edited: 4:25 pm, February 04, 2013
Dover, United...
reviews: 18
7. Re: Eco vs. Xtreme tour

would definately do the Xtreme tour but also look at the day trip to Barbuda fab beaches and totally breath taking.

toronto
reviews: 22
8. Re: Eco vs. Xtreme tour

Xtreme is my choice.

We sat at the very back and laughed at the people at the front getting bounced around, I guess it was a bit rough that day.

I only got 2 light sprays on the right hand side of the boat. The guy on the opposite side ended up covering himself in a towel.

Sting Ray city, beach lunch, Nelson dock, more snorkelling & then another deserted beach for Rum punch....great day...

We were also lucky to have Eli as captain that day

9. Re: Eco vs. Xtreme tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 14, 2014