We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curtain Bluff or Blue Waters?

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Waterloo, Iowa
Curtain Bluff or Blue Waters?

I'm a new member but have been reading for a while. Am planning a trip to Antigua in August and can't decide between the two resorts. Is distance from the airport a problem? (the two are on opposite ends of the island ( I plan to rent a car)). The two resorts look great, and we don't plan on all inclusive as we like to enjoy different restaurants each evening. I prefer gorgeous scenery and relaxing, my wife wants a hotel that has amenities. Any thoughts on the two places is much appreciated. Thanks

London, United...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Curtain Bluff or Blue Waters?

We are going to Curtain Bluff in May & have also been to BW, so if you can wait, I will post on our return.

anu
reviews: 42
2. Re: Curtain Bluff or Blue Waters?

Hi

Given a choice I would go for Curtain Bluff, I love Blue Waters but CB is definately a cut above BW. Blue Waters has everything except a really nice beach, CB has a lovely beach.

BW is 10 mins from the airport CB is probably 20-25 so not a great deal of difference. One point is CB open in August because it certainly never used to stay open out of season.

August is not a great time for eating out in Antigua, a lot of places shut out of season. CB and Blue Waters have great scenery, relaxing and amenities, you choice, but as I said August is not the best month in Antigua but its also not as expensive!

Hope this helps - Mun

martinique
reviews: 1
3. Re: Curtain Bluff or Blue Waters?

both lovely. CB is very clubish - you'll be making friends and dining together occasionally. If holidays are social, then CB can't be beat anywhere in the islands. BW is cool too, and may be more conducive to hiding out. CB is all-inclusive, take it or leave it, and is removed at least 20 minutes from neighboring restaurants except those at Carlisle Bay resort.

4. Re: Curtain Bluff or Blue Waters?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, August 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about St. John's