We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mother and Daughter cant choose! Antigua, Barbados,or Turks

PA
reviews: 1
Mother and Daughter cant choose! Antigua, Barbados,or Turks

My mother and I go on vacation every year and we are huge beach enthusiasts. We have been to Cancun 2 times, Aruba, and St. Thomas. We have it down to Turks and Caicos, Antigua, and Barbados. We like a bit of nightlife and day activities, like volleyball or biking? I am NOT a fan of fish swarming aroung me while I wade in the sea, like Aruba. They were everywhere and I hated it! I would aslo appreciate a good suggestion for a hotel. Preferred 3 or more stars, but not rediculous - needs a gorgeous beach area and at least two pools. Please help us!!!

Rhode Island
reviews: 1
11. Re: Mother and Daughter cant choose! Antigua, Barbados,or Turks

Just returned last week from a vacation at the St. Jame's Club in Antigua and posted a forum on the resort. We were with another couple and had a fabulous time. The St. Jame's has 3 or 4 pools; however, I was disappointed with the beach, as the resort is on the Atlantic side. The sand was more "sandy" than powdery. We had an all-inclusive package, which was great, because the resort is located on 100 acres. One can't really get around that well. Antigua is a very safe island, and the staff and food at the St. Jame's were great! As far as the nightlife is concerned, the resort offered something a little different each night, but nothing really exciting.

The beaches in the Turks are nothing short of exquisite, but there is basically nothing to do in the evenings.

I can't comment on Barbados, as we've never been. Every once in awhile we try a new Caribbean destination, but Aruba is still our favorite -- so much to do or do nothing at all.

Best of luck with your decision!

Calgary-from...
reviews: 7
12. Re: Mother and Daughter cant choose! Antigua, Barbados,or Turks

Yes have to agree with everyone. The water and beaches in T&C is clear and the sand is heavenlly.

Antigua, is also beautiful, but personally, I loved T&C more.

I have been to Barbados a couple of times. The water is nice, but the resort that we were at the sand was alright (a lot of smaller and biggar rocks) no biggie. Also, we found the nightlife around our hotel to be lacky.

My advice, following the best prices, as next year you can go to another place

Happy Traveles

Get answers to your questions about Antigua