We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding banns

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 1
wedding banns

does anyone no if you need to display your wedding banns in this country if your getting married abroad.and also do you need to take anything with you when you go abroad to say that no one has any objections to you getting married? we're getting married at jolly beach, antigua. dont want to get there and realise i havent done stuff i was meant to!

alexandria, va.
1. Re: wedding banns

i can help with the second part of your question, you do not need to bring anything about objections with you, i'm not sure i understand the part about the wedding rings, but if it's what i think your saying, i don't know about the uk but in the usa your not under any obligation to wear a wedding ring if your married, it's personal choice

san francisco
2. Re: wedding banns

do you mean legal requirements? every country has different legal requirements to get married...some make you take a blood test, others want you to write a letter to their governement asking permission...

check here--->

bestdestinationwedding.com/htm/hotspots.htm

UK
reviews: 24
3. Re: wedding banns

When we got married we needed our passports and birth certificates, we completed simple paperwork in resort and the next day went to the courthouse with the wedding co ordinator, we met with an offical who just went though our paperwork and we signed it in front of her, then the paperwork and our passports went off to the courthouse so the special license can be granted and the registar brings this with them on the day. We got our passports back the next day! My understanding of the special license is that is is for "tourists" and it means you don't have to have your banns read or displayed.

Its so easy to complete all the paperwork and to get married in Antigua its scary!

Milton Keynes
4. Re: wedding banns

we have just returned from getting married at Blue Waters in Antigua - it was fab!! so easy.... no you dont have to do wedding bans over here and no objections etc. I couldnt believe it was so easy and straight forward - the hotel will give you all the info you need via your wedding co-ordinator there - but you just take your original birth certificates, and decree absolutes (if relevant) and these documents are just checked at the court house in St Johns before your wedding. Piece of Pie! Good luck. Michele

uk
5. Re: wedding banns

thank you every one for your reply i can relax now!

6. Re: wedding banns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 pm, August 19, 2009