We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antigua for Christmas and New Year's Eve

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Terrebonne, Canada
Antigua for Christmas and New Year's Eve

Hi new to this site...

Going to Antigua.. at Jolly Beach for Christmas and New Year's Eve..

Does anybody know how's the resort for single travellers?

7 replies to this topic
UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
reviews: 65
1. Re: Antigua for Christmas and New Year's Eve

JBR's an excellent choice for travelling solo - and you'll find others doing the same thing, not least because of their sensible policy on single room supplements, which can make many resorts unaffordable for most travellers.

It's well worth getting off the resort and having a wander round Jolly Harbour as well - there are friendly bars and restaurants if you want a change from the resort feel. There's an excellent local bus service if you want to go into St Johns, or try some of the other gorgeous west coast beaches.

You'll find as a single, may get lots of attention from the local beach bwoys ;) They're a pretty harmess (if sometimes a little persistent) bunch, but can be cheerfully ignored. That said, they can be pretty attentive to the very obviously attached as well!

Terrebonne, Canada
2. Re: Antigua for Christmas and New Year's Eve

Thank you :) I appreciate all feedback... Can't wait to go!

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
reviews: 7
3. Re: Antigua for Christmas and New Year's Eve

Pretty much what Miz George says.

Although personally at the time there is also great fun at to be had at English Harbour - there will be a lot of yachties and that's the best place to be at the time, if you can make your way down to English Harbour at Mad Mongoose, Abras, or one of the other places you'll definitely have fun! There are a lot of yachties that come down looking for work at times, so you'll definitely make friends there.

Terrebonne, Canada
4. Re: Antigua for Christmas and New Year's Eve

Thanks Daryl.. i'm having trouble just understanding how this site works!!! Not the best with computers!!!<

I apprecialte your comments :0) I'll see once i will have relaxed a bit... In bad need of a vacation.. already counting the days!!!

Let me ask you..

and this is a very ''female'' question ! lol Do Antigan women where there hair in braids?? If yes.. Are there any places on or near Jolly beach resort where i would be able to have mine done?

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
reviews: 7
5. Re: Antigua for Christmas and New Year's Eve

Yes many Antiguan women do wear their hair in braids! There are usually vendors on the beach who will do braids, but they will also do them in many of the hair salons around the island.

Perhaps MizGeorge can answer the question as to the best place to do braids, but I'll also do some scouting in the meanwhile!

Terrebonne, Canada
6. Re: Antigua for Christmas and New Year's Eve

HI ..

Let me ask you..

and this is a very ''female'' question ! lol Do Antigan women where there hair in braids?? If yes.. Are there any places on or near Jolly beach resort where i would be able to have mine done?

I used to have them like that all the time.. with extentions put in... Last time when I was in Dominican Republic.... Do you know how much $$ if there are places

Thank you

Terrebonne, Canada
7. Re: Antigua for Christmas and New Year's Eve

Thanks again.. i've just left the question to her :0)

Reply to: Antigua for Christmas and New Year's Eve
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Antigua