We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

november weather in paradise ... ?

2 posts
november weather in paradise ... ?

can anyone answer a simple question .... ? what is the weather generally like in november in the St.johns area as that is when i am going . I would also like some recommendations on good places to eat (keep in mind I'm traveling with 2 young children) what are the best excursions to go on again with young kids ... any advice would be great ....

1. Re: november weather in paradise ... ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:26 am, March 28, 2013
Level Contributor
659 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: november weather in paradise ... ?

As the previous poster says, November can be rainy. Mind you, the weather reports show rain if even a few drops have fallen. But, we were there in November a few years ago and had ten days of unrelenting downpours. That seems to have been unusual, and obviously you might have lovely sunny days. But, best to be mentally prepared for some precipitation at that time of year!

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
82 reviews
3. Re: november weather in paradise ... ?

1R-in 25 holidays days in Antigua in November over two years,we had two days of rain in tne daytime and about four evening downpours in total.

Antigua is one of the driest caribbean islands.

Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
97 reviews
4. Re: november weather in paradise ... ?

Unfortunately, that paints a hugely misleading picture. There were 17 days on which some rain fell somewhere on the island. That can mean a few drops, or a brief downpour, but very rarely means a whole day of rain.

As for other recommendations, do you know where you're actually staying? All addresses are given as St Johns, so it's hard to give local options without a bit more information.

In terms of general excursions, my top recommendation with small children would be the Adventure Antigua Eco Tour - I've lost count of the number of times mine went, and she still loves it now, Very safe, with fantastic crew and really engaging for even very little people.

2 posts
5. Re: november weather in paradise ... ?

Yes we are staying very close to Dickinsons bay. My kids will be nearly 7 and nearly 3 at time of travel . Any other advice would be very much appreciated . Also what is it generally like regarding prices at restaurants and supermarkets ...

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
383 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: november weather in paradise ... ?

We've been to Antigua in November 2 years running.

The first year we had several nights with heavy rain and thunderstorms, but not much during the day. Last year we had one glorious week with hardly a drop and a more variable second week when it rained for a little while most days and we had one pretty grey day when we were actually on a boat trip. It was certainly not enough to spoil our holiday.

7. Re: november weather in paradise ... ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 28, 2014