We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Boat Trip

Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Recommended Boat Trip

Hi

I'm coming to Antigua with my partner in early January and we're interested in taking a boat trip. There seem to be loads to choose from so I thought I would ask for a recommendation.

We're staying at Sugar Ridge and looking for a half day trip, perhaps including lunch and a bit of snorkelling but not too far out so it doesn't get too choppy. I remember seeing a video on You Tube a while ago of an interesting option but I can't remember the name of the company.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Dobbs Ferry, NY
Level Contributor
535 posts
108 reviews
1. Re: Recommended Boat Trip

Im looking for one for us an dour teen sons for X-mas time. I have read a ton of reviews and so many look good. But since it is a relatively expensive day, I really want it to be fabulous

Antigua
Level Contributor
444 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Recommended Boat Trip

Not allowed to recommend one but suggest you go to TA tours and read reviews there - but hurry because all the best ones will get booked up for Christmas and New year. Several start in Jolly harbour which is just down the road from Sugar Ridge -hotel offers a land rover shuttle service.

Dobbs Ferry, NY
Level Contributor
535 posts
108 reviews
3. Re: Recommended Boat Trip

I already read all the reviews. Can you send me a PM with your suggestion?

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
4,705 posts
87 reviews
4. Re: Recommended Boat Trip

I think you'll find that Jabberwocky Nick isn't allowed to recommend because he runs one! However, I can happily recommend it for him ;) For a private charter, it would suit the OP very well - check out http://www.adventurecaribbean.com/

For kidfree - if you've got teens with you and want some excitement and a full day, you might want to take a look at the Xtreme circumnavigation, which has lots of stops, including one at Stingray City, and is fast enough for even the most jaded of youngsters!

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Recommended Boat Trip

We took our teenagers (16 at the time) on the Xtreme circumnavigation tour and they enjoyed it (as much as a 16 year old enjoys anything that involves his parents, that is).

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
374 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: Recommended Boat Trip

Can also recommend the Eco-tour from Adventure Antigua - interesting, informative, lots of different elements - and a good lunch. (And it starts from Jolly Harbour - so very convenient for you.) It is a full day though - but worth every cent.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
36 reviews
7. Re: Recommended Boat Trip

We did the lobster lunch with Creole Cruises which departed from Jolly Harbour, see my review here......

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

And their website here...

creolecruisesantigua.com/lobster_lunch.html

Mike in Tulsa

Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Recommended Boat Trip

Many thanks for everybody's responses. It was the lobster lunch with Creole Cruises that I had seen on You Tube so will probably go for that option.

A week today and we will be on our way to Sugar Ridge - can't wait!

Missouri
Level Contributor
30 posts
18 reviews
9. Re: Recommended Boat Trip

Dont go on Wadadli Cats circumnavigation if you dont want choppy water, they take you right out in the Atlantic and its pretty crazy. Everyone was a little woozy after that. It was a fun experience, but a little scary.

Port of Spain...
6 posts
10. Re: Recommended Boat Trip

We did a 3 hour cruise aboard Cat Tales and loved every minute of it. Took our 6 year old and our 17 and 18 year old nephews, who all loved it. Our nephew said it was one of the best things he'd done in his life. tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1892998-d…