We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jolly Beach Resort

New Jersey
Jolly Beach Resort

Hello all. I was looking for some input on the Jolly Beach Resort. My husband and I are traveling there April 22nd. I have heard mixed reviews. Also is it safe to leave the resort? Are there any other close activities and things to do?

Sheffield, England
reviews: 5
1. Re: Jolly Beach Resort

My wife and I stayed at JBR from 4 to 18 March this year. Had a fantastic time!

The resort is ecellent with great food, drinks, entertainment, activities and watersports.

All staff we encountered were efficient, polite and very helpful.

The rooms are basic (we had a standard room) but kept clean and are more than adequate.

Yes, it is safe to leave the resort. Having said that, we chose not to venture too far off the resort as there was so much to do. We walked around the nearby marina (plenty to see, a few shops and a good supermarket) several times (approx 5 minute walk from the resort). We also went into St Johns a few times - use the local bus from near the entrance gate rather than taxis ($1.50 US each way per person).

I did a fair bit of diving with Jolly Dive who are excellent and just down the beach from JBR.

We too were apprehensive having read the mixed reviews, especially as we had already booked to return in July this year, but we need not have worried at all. We are now counting the days to our return!

Get back to me if you want any further info. Enjoy your vacation.

Phil

Berlin NH
2. Re: Jolly Beach Resort

f.fish I to am going late April and was wondering if you had the lobster at lydias and how much was the surcharge.If so what other fish dishes do they have.

Thanks

Divot8

UK,KENT
reviews: 7
3. Re: Jolly Beach Resort

Hi,

I the resort good for snorkelling as amy only be able to squeeze in a couple of proper dives due to my young lad.

Thanks

Sheffield, England
4. Re: Jolly Beach Resort

Hi Divot8

No, didn't have the lobster. The menu stated thatthe supplement was " Market Price" though didn't indicate what this might be!

Other fish were "catch of the day", tuna, red snapper, sword fish (had this as a starter - very nice), sorry can't remember the others though there was plenty of choice. Inceidentally, the steak at Lydias was excellent.

Sunday brunch was also a very good buffet, with plenty of choice, with the added benefit of the steel band.

Enjoy!

Phil

Sheffield, England
5. Re: Jolly Beach Resort

Eagles06

Snorkelling at JBR is impossible. Visibility is literally 3 inches max! This is apparently a result of dredging for the marina although some say it is an effect of hurricanes. Whatever the cause, the beach is still stunning and there is no adverse impact on swimming or other watersport activities.

It would seem that the only real solution is to take one of the organised snorkelling trips or, alternatively you could drive to Darkwood Beach (a mile or so away) where snorkelling is possible.

UK,KENT
reviews: 7
6. Re: Jolly Beach Resort

f.fish,

Thanks for the advice.

Get answers to your questions about Antigua