We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Pineapple-100s v. 200s

Grand Pineapple-100s v. 200s

I want to be right on the beach and close to drinks, pool, etc. Both the 100s (block A)and 200s (block B) seem to meet this requirement. Are there any differences? I saw in a previous post that maybe some have private patios and some do not. Anyone know if one block is better than the other?

TIA!

Fallston, MD
reviews: 2
1. Re: Grand Pineapple-100s v. 200s

"dwine10",

Block A's are the 500's and have somewhat private "patios".

No such thing for the 100 or 200 series rooms ... or any other rooms, for that matter.

2. Re: Grand Pineapple-100s v. 200s

Thanks Terry. I guess I meant 100s/block C vs. block B. Is one block of rooms superior in any way to the other?

Fallston, MD
3. Re: Grand Pineapple-100s v. 200s

"dwine10",

Block B has CAC; the 2nd floor balconies are somewhat private; good cross ventilation and closer to the bars and restaurants than Block A's. Block A's catch a good deal of the afternoon sun and, unless the drapes are kept closed, the rooms can get quite warm. The higher numbered 100's are, of course, closer to the water than Block B's. The room sizes are essentially the same.

For some reason, the MSN Group site with the site plan and photos seems to be ill today when I visit it.

Terry

4. Re: Grand Pineapple-100s v. 200s

Terry,

Do the first floor block c rooms have any windows or doors to open for fresh air? Are the 2nd floor balconies private or shared?

Which rooms are quieter and more private-block c or block b?

Thanks once again for your help!

Fallston, MD
5. Re: Grand Pineapple-100s v. 200s

"dwine10",

There are operating louvers with screens in the entrance doors & several windows in Block C. The "operating condition" of these varies from room to room.

If you view my site plan, there is an outside stairway to the 2nd floor located alongside Room #101 to access the 2nd floor. Those staying in #126 must walk in front of 12 other rooms in order to get there.

"Which rooms are quieter and more private-block c or block b?" Difficult question.

If there was no way that we could stay in a 2nd floor Block A room (Maybe even 1st floor) ... We'd probably choose a 2nd floor room in Block B, due to the private balcony.

If, by "quiet", you mean less room to room noise potential .... Block B is better than Block A. Block A is all frame construction. If you stay on the 1st floor and those in the room above decide to play "musical chairs" ... You're less likely to be as disturbed in Block B as opposed to Block A.

Erie, Pa.
6. Re: Grand Pineapple-100s v. 200s

could someone please explain the block lingo. we are going there in a couple of days. i would really like to be able to hear the sound of the water from the room. i read somewhere that the "newer" rooms are on a hillside and "far away". is it better to have a beach room or ocean room? first floor or balcony room?

Fallston, MD
7. Re: Grand Pineapple-100s v. 200s

"hubbyandme",

I already answered your question of 2/19 ... on the same date ... and you never responded.

What more would you like me to do?

What did you NOT understand?

Get answers to your questions about Antigua