We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking in Antigua

uk brighton
smoking in Antigua

Can anyone tell me how much cigaretts are in Antigua??

Devon, UK
reviews: 13
1. Re: smoking in Antigua

My husband bought some in supermarket at Falmouth Harbour for about 60p a packet, not sure what brand was but for that price he said they were fine and we took some home with us, a litre of rum is about £4.

uk brighton
2. Re: smoking in Antigua

Thank you, I think I will wait and not buy any at the airport then.

I cant wait til next wednesday when I go

Devon, UK
3. Re: smoking in Antigua

Just checked with husband and he said the make that it named Dominica or something similar was £5 for 200 cigarettes. Also benson and hedges in Antigua were cheaper than the airport on way out. Also duty free booze at airport is more expensive than buying in local supermarket. Hope you have a great time in Antigua where are you staying? Good to hire car and travel round island.

uk brighton
4. Re: smoking in Antigua

Hi

Thanks for the info on the cigaretts.

We are staying at 'the beach club' part of st james's we have never been to Antigua before so all the help you can give would be much appreciated? I think we will hire a car for a few days. Any tips on where to go?

Mansfield UK
reviews: 16
5. Re: smoking in Antigua

Driving in Antigua? Remember there are no road signs and often even no place name signs. But the good news is all the people are very friendly and if you drive in one direction for more than 30 minutes you'll hit yet another deserted beach. Fig Tree Drive is an experience. Starts off as a nice tarmac road from near Darkwood Beach, then up through mango groves where it quickly becomes a rutted dirt track. Similar conditions everywhere so hire a little jeep type vehicle with air con.

St. Johns, even though it has a British heritage, has a US grid struture street plan in the centre. Easy on a Sunday, chaos on a weekday. No traffic lights and apparently no rules! Try it on a Monday morning about 8am. 70k people inhabit the island and most seem to head into town in their cars without lights, brakes or even all of their doors. There are no multi-story car parks so imagine what it's like after 9am. You just need a sense of humour and a lot of luck.

Devon, UK
6. Re: smoking in Antigua

We were staying in Falmouth Harbour which was lovely at a small family run 14 room hotel called Catamaran. Would def recommend hiring a car, we hired a 4 wheel drive for a week, which we got at English Harbour, we were able to visit a beach that you could only get to by walking down an unmade track or 4 wheel drive, however driving down was a bit scary, the beach is called Rendevous beach and hardly anyone was on it and we spent a couple of wonderful days on it. Also go to half moon bay if you like somewhere with few people on it. Both places you will need to take picnic & drink with you. Around the area it is worth a visit to English Harbour to visit Nelsons dockyard. Local buses are cheap and easy to use, however they do not run later in the evening so would then have to hire a taxi. We did the fig tree drive round the island and also visited Darkwood beach, however it is right next to the road and very exposed. Turners beach is a good place to stop for lunch. We also did a catamaran trip with Wadadli cats which was great fun had nice lunch and did some great snorkelling. Rum punch was also very pleasant. Also did boat trip to Barbuda, but would suggest sea sickness tablets for that trip if you are prone to sea sickness. Long bay (grand pineapple beach is also good for snorkelling and we had nice lunch from one of the shacks there. Have a wonderful time, people are really friendly if you make an effort. We will def go back.

Get answers to your questions about Antigua