We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife/attractions

nightlife/attractions

im going next week and i was wondering if anyone could tell me the best places to visit? or tourist attraction. also i would like to take some kind of tour around the only one i saw was for elis tour and it was kinda expensive, is there anything else?

Thanks!

UK
reviews: 1
1. Re: nightlife/attractions

Shirley Heights Lookout is a good place on a Sunday evening/night. They hold a BBQ party, it can get really busy, but is worth it.

For a tour of the island you could always try a helicopter trip! It's around $140 (US) and takes about half and hour for the island tour (around the shoreline). They have a web site here:

www.caribbeanhelicopters.net

Lake District, UK
reviews: 5
2. Re: nightlife/attractions

Eli's tour is not cheap, but it is one of a kind. You might like to look at a catamaran tour. Check out www.wadadlicats.com. On land. there are various jeep tours. going to places like Nelson's Dockyard and Betty's Hope, the remains of a sugar plantation.

Steve CH

Hatfield...
reviews: 90
3. Re: nightlife/attractions

Nelson's Dockyard is nice when no cruise ships are in port. Otherwise it's overwhelmed with cruise passengers and there's no room to walk, much less see anything.

Shirley's Heights is also good on Sunday evenings for live music and bbq type food.

A large group of friends chartered a catamaran from Wadadli Cat, but you could join one of their larger boats for a day sail and snorkeling. Kokomo Cats is another company.

Check out the website www.antiguanice.com for a variety of activities.

Check out The Beach for live music venues at night during the week. Too bad Harmony Hall will be closed when you're there--it's my favorite day trip spot on the island.

Hire a taxi for an island tour--make sure you see Fig Tree Drive, which is home to the last remnant of rainforest on the island. Devil's Bridge is also interesting. Pack a lunch one day and pick a deserted beach for a picnic. Go shopping in St. John's. Step inside the cathedral downtown for a perfect moment of cool & quiet. Tell us what your interests are and we can give you more specifics.

4. Re: nightlife/attractions

Wow! thanks for all the recommendations so far. Its going to be me and my boyfriend going and we just want something fun to do, and we want to see all the main attractions, i also would really like to go horseback riding and do alot of snorkeling. Nighttime i heard things were a little slow and im kinda worried about that we want to have fun and interact with people any clubs or main places to hang out?? Thanks again ejcrowe!

UK
reviews: 1
5. Re: nightlife/attractions

Where are you staying?

Lashings has good music/nightlife and might be worth a visit if your not too far (it's in Runaway Bay).

Hatfield...
reviews: 90
6. Re: nightlife/attractions

Most of the nightlife for land-based visitors to Antigua is on the strip of Runaway & Dickinson Bays--they sort of blend into one another. Most of the yachtie nightlife is based around English Harbour. Check with your hotel to see who is offering live music on what nights that you're there--there's not a wild nightlife, but you'll be able to find spots where folks are mingling, dancing, listening to music, enjoying beverages of the adult variety. Have a great time!

Get answers to your questions about Antigua