We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches

Door County WI
reviews: 4
Beaches

We will be there the first half of March. It looks like there are 30 beaches and we only have 9 beach days. We would like to split our beach time up by bringing our own picnic lunch half the time and eating at a beach restaurant the other half. On the picnic days, we would like to find secluded beaches away from the action (we have our own chairs). What beaches would you suggest for the picnic days and which restaurant/beach would you suggest for the other? We have two teenagers who like to play in the waves, are there beaches with more surf than others?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
reviews: 195
1. Re: Beaches

Read up on each beach here http://beaches.ai/ - the surf varies from day to day, I have seen Meads Bay flat as a pancake and with roaring waves.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Beaches

An old favorite of ours (when we were more young and vigorous) used to be beautiful and very private Katouche Bay which can be seen from Da Vita if you look to the end of the left side of the ocean.

However, there are lots of rocks in the water and it is not particularly conducive to swimming.

But private and gorgeous for a picnic it definitely is!

Edited: 12:16 pm, February 16, 2014
SE MA
reviews: 8
3. Re: Beaches

I love to picnic at Sandy Hill Bay. There is no choice as there are no facilities but if it is quiet there is some shade. Other beaches without service are Long Bay near Oliver's which I believe is now closed, Dropsey Bay which is almost across from Best Buy East, Mimi Bay take the next left past the Heritage Museum, Captains Bay, a challenge to find past Junks Hole/ Nats Palm Grove, and Windward Point. Of these Sandy Hill and Long Bays are swimmable with Sandy Hill having some of the best Snorkeling on Anguilla. Then there is Little Bay perfect for a picnic, or you can eat at DaVida before or after as the beach restaurant is casual. Nats Palm Grove is a great lunch spot with lovely swimming. These are some of my favorites. As Pepper said Katouche another favorite. if you wear good shoes you can cross over the outcropping at the end of the beach to a nice sandy fun place that is safe to swim of the surf is not that rough. Have Fun.

SE MA
reviews: 8
4. Re: Beaches

Sorry I seem to be directionally challenged lately. Mimi Bay is the next RIGHT after the Heritage Museum if you are heading towards Island Harbour.

Wilton, CT
reviews: 2
5. Re: Beaches

Where are you staying? For picnic day my teens love hanging out @ Shoal Bay West, just to the left of Cover Castles if you are facing the water. There is public parking, and GREAT snorkelling/shelling. You just ignore those people down the beach at Trattoria Tramonte...or better yet, go back there the next day for a great lunch on beach!

Edited: 1:01 pm, February 16, 2014
6. Re: Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 18, 2015