We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Day On Island. Suggestions?

Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 14
Last Day On Island. Suggestions?

We have been here for a week and today is our last day. What are Sunday must do's? We did lunch at the new restaurant on SBE last Sunday ( heard Boss) and also went as well to Gwen's. ( she had a great scratch band there). Where is a good spot for breakfast & lunch today. And if you had to choose between Jacala Blanchards or Strwhat for your last meal on the island which would you do? Thanks guys.

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
reviews: 1
1. Re: Last Day On Island. Suggestions?

On Sunday I would go to Da Vida for lunch and to see Omari Banks (no comment Ellen please)

Fort Lauderdale
2. Re: Last Day On Island. Suggestions?

Thanks for the quick response Tilly41

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
reviews: 2
3. Re: Last Day On Island. Suggestions?

Yes, and then if you like you can go to Straw Hat, or try to get into Jacala. Blanchards and BBS are closed on Sunday.

new jersey
reviews: 5
4. Re: Last Day On Island. Suggestions?

I agree with Tilly. You can rent kayaks and it would take about 10 minutes to kayak to Little Bay..or find Calvin sitting at a table under the trees at the entrance of daVida and he will take you there. He also rents snorkeling equipment and his prices are very reasonable. Little Bay is a "do not miss" part of Anguilla. And if you are brave enough, take the plunge and jump off the large rock on the north side of the cove.

MA
reviews: 3
5. Re: Last Day On Island. Suggestions?

I would agree with DaVita for lunch. Lots of options there. You can sit in the covered area, hang on the beach on the comfy chairs, paddle board or go over to Little Bay. Food is very good, reasonably priced and portions are very generous (we spilt ours). My choice for diner would be the Straw Hat. Ask for a table under the stars. So missing my Anguilla…

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
reviews: 195
6. Re: Last Day On Island. Suggestions?

Yes, Tilly is spot on! DaVida is a great way to spend the day, and Jacala or Straw Hat are both good choices - can't go wrong with either. Although, if you want to do something different and fun, go out to On Da Rocks for $5.00 crayfish and sides (get the fries) and British Dependency - that's a lot of fun.

Bonjour Cafe gets good reviews for breakfast, not sure if they are open on Sundays.

Straw Hat is open for breakfast and I have heard their french toast is really good.

Have a great day,

Ellen

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
7. Re: Last Day On Island. Suggestions?

bonjour cafe is closed on Sunday and open on Saturday only in high season....it's a lovely place.

Fort Lauderdale
8. Re: Last Day On Island. Suggestions?

Thanks for the Great suggestions... I'm sitting on the beach at DaVida now with a passion fruit colada in my hand and some great live music playing in the background. Aahh!!! I'm going to miss this island. No wonder I keep coming back.

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
9. Re: Last Day On Island. Suggestions?

yep, Da Vida is great, good reasonable food and excellent service...and Omari of course:)

10. Re: Last Day On Island. Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 04, 2014