We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relaxing place to stay

NH
Relaxing place to stay

Hello, all! I am a 40-something mom of one who is looking for a great place to stay on Anguilla for sometime next spring. (I know it's a long way off but keep reading...). This will be a post-divorce-splurge-on-myself-for-a-week-or-so trip and I am interested in an AMAZING(but calm enough to swim in the water) beach, a good, clean (but not necessarily 5 star) place to stay, and somewhere that is also SAFE as I will be traveling alone. I have read about the Shoal Bay Villas and am thinking along these lines. Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance.

NH
11. Re: Relaxing place to stay

Hi all!

Thanks for all of the very helpful info. I am going to ponder all of this info long and hard (because I still have time to do so) and then make my choice. I am currently in the middle of the Blanchards' book "A Trip to the Beach" and also ordered "Anguilla: A Short-Sleeved Way of Life" from Amazon.com today as well. I'm a bit enthralled with this evidently quite gorgeous island (the beaches, anyway). To island buddy: What is the best thing about living on Anguilla? I can't wait to saddle up to one of these beach bars with a great book in hand and just laze the day away. I hope the service is slow so I can sit there all day with no one bothering me!! Another question, how warm is the water. I'm a 75-85 degree water kinda girl. Thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
reviews: 176
12. Re: Relaxing place to stay

Island Buddy - how did you find your long term rental?

That is my dream, to stay for 3 months at a time.

Thanks,

Ellen

dallas
13. Re: Relaxing place to stay

i am traveling to anguilla on may 18. i'm staying at the cuisinart resort. when we get back, i'll be sure to reply.

NY
14. Re: Relaxing place to stay

If you want to splurge, go to Cap Juluca or Malli. Avoid Covecastles at all costs!