We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must see

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
reviews: 117
Must see

Stopping in Anguilla during our Windjammer trip, what if any are the must sees on the island and anything to avoid. I've heard from people that Anguilla has the most beautiful beaches in the Carribean. Can anyone help me out?

New York, NY
reviews: 3
1. Re: Must see

I was just in Anguilla last week. Have lunch at the Cedar Grove Cafe at the Rendevous Bay Hotel, and swim at the beach. Great food, and great beach, with wonderful people. It's fun to go to Upper Shoal Bay, snorkel on the reef (so-so, but I saw a variety of fish) and eat the ribs at Uncle Ernie's. This beach has more people (for Anguilla) than others. The best rum punch I've ever tasted is at the Ferry Boat Inn, right near the ferry to St. Martin. Good burgers and a nice beach to stroll, with view of harbor and St. Martin. I also loved Mead's Bay. Fantastic to go to the beach there, and then head down the road to Trattoria Tramonto for lunch. Trattoria has their own comfy beach chairs that are just for restaurant guests. As for restaurants: Blanchard's, Straw Hat, Oliver's are expensive but delicious with great atmospheres. Tasty's is on the island's main road, and has excellent food at lower prices. Lastly, you can go to Crocus Bay and call Calvin to take you over to Little Bay (five minute boat ride) for snorkeling. Something like $5 or $10 (U.S.) round trip. Also check out the Dune Preserve Bar (on Rendevous Bay) next to Cuisinart, on the opposite side of the Bay from Rendevous Bay Hotel/Cedar Grove Restaurant. It is something to see, and Elvis (his mother was a fan of Presley) is one of the nicest people working there.

ohio
2. Re: Must see

Windjammer will transport you to Shoal Bay East - home of the famous Uncle Ernies and at least last year they dropped folks at Tropical Sunset, further down the beach. I would go right at the water and walk down around the point to Gwen's, about 10 minutes and you can't miss it but it takes a while to come into site. Great rum punch and food, beach chairs and hammocks. Less crowded than the part of the beach they drop you at. You pass about 4-5 beach bars en route, also good lunch,etc. If you prefer more mellow, deserted gorgeous beach take a cab to Anguilla Great House or Rendevous Bay Hotel on Rendevous Bay. 3 hotels that serve lunch, gorgeous 2mile beach and the real relaxed feel of Anguilla. Cuisinart has a beach bar right at the beach, not sure if they'll let you use chairs. Dune Preserve is just beyond Cuisinart and may or may not be open during the day.

Dina