We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nude Bathing

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
reviews: 195
Nude Bathing

The following is in this week's police report:

There were three cases of indecent exposure, one involving visitors who were bathing in the nude at Shoal Bay and who were advised that it was an illegal practice in Anguilla

anguillian.com/article/…

What would you do if you encountered nude bathers?

ewwwwwwwww!

Ellen

Connecticut
reviews: 31
1. Re: Nude Bathing

I have never seen a nude bather on Anguilla; but lots of topless bathers on Shoal Bay and more occasionally on Cove, typically on day trips from St. Marten.

EWWW factor depends. :)

N.J.
reviews: 14
2. Re: Nude Bathing

Get the binoculars!! Only kidding, i have never seen any nude sun bathers on Anguilla but if i did i would just ignore them..... what else could you do.

Washington, DC
3. Re: Nude Bathing

I would assume they did not know better. Thus, I would gingerly approach and politely say "you might want to cover up. Any form of nude bathing is against the law in Anguilla and you will be arrested if the police catch you," Then, I would go about my business.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
reviews: 195
4. Re: Nude Bathing

Feather, would you do this while they are in, or out of the water? :-)

I really don't want to confront anyone, especially if they are in the nude, I would have a hard time making eye contact. LOL!

I have seen topless on Meads a few times - usually it is not a pretty sight, topless is common in Cancun - wish the "flappers" would find the places where it is common and land there, but totally nude? Geez!

Ellen

NEW YORK, NY
reviews: 16
5. Re: Nude Bathing

I have seen several topless on SBE, but I have also seen employees from KU and some of the restaurants go and tell them to cover up. On St. Barths , it is commonplace to see it---but did you ever notice it's usually the people who shouldn't do it --that actually do it. I think Chell does it, but I just don't know how he gets away with it.

Connecticut
reviews: 31
6. Re: Nude Bathing

Scott -

There are a few nude beaches in St. Martin too. We visited Orient by chance years ago on a day trip. One gentleman was walking along the water's edge, loudly playing a trumpet - completely naked. Still the tops in exhibitionism for me in the Caribbean.

NEW YORK, NY
reviews: 16
7. Re: Nude Bathing

LOL--Greg that's funny!!! That must have been something to see.LMAO

Washington, DC
8. Re: Nude Bathing

Ellen--eye contact? I would not be able to take my eyes off of the uncovered parts. ;) Seriously though, I believe most people want to be respectful of local customs and want to be told when they are breaking the law.

Edited: 2:05 pm, March 28, 2010
Anguilla
reviews: 3
9. Re: Nude Bathing

I'ts really fun to just sit back and read some of the comments that are posted on this Forum.

Uh, let's see, nude bathing. Now that's been a topic that I've explored in the past. Forumers might want to ask themselves which form of insecurity would create the need to publicly display one's wares or would prompt any intelligent adult to expose themselves to onlookers who are probably NOT like minded?

Although AXA is a tiny island, trust me, there are many, many beautiful and unfrequented beaches where anyone (including me and by BW) can go topless. bottomless or mindless, without a single solitary soul seeing them "unadorned". Perhaps the "naturists" might also want to take a quick, refresher course in "respecting the rights of others"??? However, IMO, anyone who chooses to disrobe (partially or fully) on Shoal Bay, Meads Bay or Idiots Bay is only doing it for unfortunate personal reasons. Zabar

Rutherford NJ
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
reviews: 8
10. Re: Nude Bathing

That was harsh Scotso!!!

I get away with it because like any self respecting NY'er I pay off the authorities!!!