We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which Anguilla hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edgewater, Maryland
reviews: 1
Where to stay?

We are beginning our research for next summer ... we know a long time away, but are very interested in the island of Auguilla. It sounds like a very quiet place to visit and enjoy. We have been looking at the Cuisinart Resort and Spa or Cap Juluca. Does anyone have any suggestions. We are not looking for nightlife but a place to relax for a week and maybe do some snorkeling. Thanks for any help offered.

Massachusetts
reviews: 46
1. Re: Where to stay?

I HIGHLY recommend Cap. Cap has everything that you are looking for. Let me know if you have specific questions. We celebrated our 10 year anniversary there last May and it was amazing. Best vacation ever!

Edgewater, Maryland
2. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks a lot for your information. Both places look really nice and I was leaning towards Cap Juluca. Does it cost a lot to buy food on Auguilla? We are not fancy eaters, but do enjoy a few nice dinners along with the casual when on vacation. Also, can you snorkel off the beach area? I'm sure I'll have other questions as I finalize this trip by the end of this summer. Have a great time whereever you and your husband vacation at.

Massachusetts
reviews: 46
3. Re: Where to stay?

Hi,

Anguilla is not a cheap island. There are lots of great restauraunts (Pimms at Cap is very romantic) Georges at Cap is a less expensive option with burgers, etc (still not cheap!) We ventured out for lunch a couple of times and ate at SMitty's on the beach (very interesting character. Great Chicken and Ribs!) We also ate at a place called Johnno's that had good burgers.

As far as snorkeling, Cap as part of our package gave us a snorkeling tour. Pretty good snorkeling.

As far as Cap goes, the beach is beautiful. Service top notch. Breakfast delivered to your room on your balcony. Sorbet delivered on the beach in the afternoon.

They have a beach BBQ once a week on the beach with music which was fun.

Let me know if you need any more questions answered.

Edgewater, Maryland
4. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks so far ... all the information has been great as we are getting all details together before making up our minds. Have a great summer where ever you visit.

Rochester, Michigan
reviews: 5
5. Re: Where to stay?

Both Cap Jaluca and Cuisinart are beautiful--we stay at a private villa when we go so I can't comment on services etc., but If you want to snorkel you have several options--you can take a boat to Little Bay (we were quoted a price of $40 per person for a half day trip out of Shoal Bay but didn't have time this trip to go). You can also snorkel off the beach at Shoal Bay and the best snorkeling this time was off Prickly Pear Cay--however this requires a boat trip out of Johnno's at Sandy Ground--The staff will take you out around 9 a.m., feed you and return around 3 or so in the afternoon. In my opinion, it is a trip that you shouldn't miss but that is just my opinion! Happy traveling!

Calgary-from...
reviews: 7
6. Re: Where to stay?

Have to agree with the above statement. Its not very cheep to go here, hahaa. But we loved loved loved Cap Juluca

Edgewater, Maryland
7. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks everybody ... we are still deciding and all the information has really helped us.

NJ
reviews: 36
8. Re: Where to stay?

DO NOT STAY AT CAP JULUCA! I just got back on Sunday from Anguilla. We stayed at Cuisinart. The service was unbelievable! We celebrated our two year anniversary. Every time we thought of something that we wanted, we realized that they had already thought of it and took care of it. The resort is beautiful. The view of St. Martin is breathtaking. We visited Cap Juluca and HATED it. We met a couple and visited their room. It was not as nice as the ones at Cuisinart. The beach was nicer at Cuisinart than the one at Cap Juluca. It was very small at Cap Juluca. The pool there is less than impressive. Cap Juluca is huge. If you are the sorry sucker at the one of the farther villas you have to call a golf cart to come pick you up and take to you the main lobby. The food is way overpriced and not very good. We spent $200 on ONE appetizer that we split. ONE glass of wine that they claim is big enough for two people. NOT TRUE. It's barely enough for one small wine glass. My entree needed a magnifying glass to be seen. We left so unsatisfied. We had the taxi driver take us to a local supermarket because I was starving. I ended up eating WheatThins that night for dinner. The restaurant at Cuisinart is great! Everything is so tasty and fresh because they grow alot at the hydroponic farm. We definitely felt that Cap Juluca was over rated and overpriced.

We're going back to Cuisinart next year. We met people that had been back to Cuisinart anywhere from 1 to 7 times. That's how great it is. Make sure you get the Great Escapes Package...$300/nt if you stay 5 nts. They are so accommodating...They come to you on the beach with cool towels and sorbet at 3pm everyday. On Friday nights they have the Manager's cocktail reception by the pool...Free cocktails and finger foods...You get to meet the Manager and his staff...It's very cozy. Cuisinart is nicer and more affordable. Definitely do Cuisinart!!

Albany, New York
reviews: 2
9. Re: Where to stay?

Flipflop:

Thanks for the VERY positive review. We go to Cuisinart this week. Quick question, did you have an issues with Mosquitoes. I hear they have been pretty bad.

Edgewater, Maryland
10. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks for your input flipflopgirl. Our travel agent is suggesting the resort you mentioned as her favorite to send couples to.