We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

leaving the country

Which Tanjung Benoa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
west yorkshire
reviews: 28
leaving the country

could someone please tell me how much it is in rupiah to exit the country i know its $25 each to enter but unsure about leaving

Perth, Australia
reviews: 17
1. Re: leaving the country

150 000 rupiah

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 50
2. Re: leaving the country

Just to add to that, when you leave Bali you check in for your flight, get your boarding passes, then head upstairs. You will come to some booths; hand over your passport, boarding card and 150000Rp. You will get a sticker on your boarding pass, which will be handed back to you with your passport. Then proceed to the immigration booths for your stamp in your passport. Then you're into the departure lounge and duty free area.

When your gate is called, enter the gate area and you'll usually find at the entrance there's someone who tears the sticker off your boarding pass. You then go through an x-ray and metal detector, then sit and wait in the gate area. There are toilets in the gate area, and a couple of free Internet access terminals, of which one is usually broken and the other is being hogged by someone on Facebook, posting to everyone on their wall that they're hogging the Internet terminal in the aiport.

west yorkshire
3. Re: leaving the country

thanks a lot and i won't bother with internet i'll wait till i get home and put something on trip advisor maybe i can help someone the way that you have helped me

thanhs agaoin susan

sydney australia
reviews: 108
4. Re: leaving the country

Many people (including me) put the 150 000 Rp each inside the passports soon after we arrive, so we don't run out of money to pay this departure tax.

west yorkshire
5. Re: leaving the country

thanks our001 that is a good idea i'm so glad there is this forum you can answer questions on or i would be lost

thanks everyone for your help if you have any more suggestions that would make things easier i would appreciate it

Perth, Australia
reviews: 9
6. Re: leaving the country

Let us know what else you need help with, there are always TA people willing to help! When are you going to Bali, what things do you like to do, where are you staying?

west yorkshire
7. Re: leaving the country

we go march for 3 weeks and we are staying at the grand mirage all inclusive as we are both in our 60s we dont need the noisey nightlife just somewhere quiet and relaxing thats why we chose tanjung benoa one trip i definatly want to do is the ellephant safari park and maybe one more my husband is a diver so he will be having a couple of days diving personally i just need a relaxing break but any trips you think we might like please let us know

Perth, Australia
reviews: 9
8. Re: leaving the country

Wow, three weeks, fabulous! You will certainly be relaxed at the end of that. There are so many things to do and see, but I get that you just want to have a break. The only thing I would say, despite you having all inclusive, is to perhaps get out and try some of the wonderful restaurants outside of the resort.

Not sure about the diving, I'm sure others on here can give you some suggestions for that. You could also get a driver for a day or two to take you to some of the sights.

Lombok, Indonesia
reviews: 5
9. Re: leaving the country

Your husband might like to have a look a Padang Bai on the mid east coast, or one of the other areas for diving.

Take a wander over to somewhere like Seminyak for a look as well as that is a quite different to the often more formulaic resort environments on the peninsula you are staying on.

Make sure you get out and about a bit.

As suggested above get a driver with a car (there is a list of recommendations available here).

Even if it does seem rather tempting to just relax back and enjoy the resort still make sure to go for a couple of decent voyages of discovery.

Consider the merits of doing it earlier in the trip rather than later so you get an idea if you want to do more of that sort of thing or not.

If you give some indication of your interests you will no doubt get lots of tips and guidance here.

10. Re: leaving the country

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa