We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which one is the best between melia benoa or grand mirage

Which Tanjung Benoa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surabaya, Indonesia
reviews: 41
which one is the best between melia benoa or grand mirage

we are family with 2 kids under 4 years old looking for hotel

the hotel must clean and accomodation for our childs and the best between melia benoa or grand mirage

thank you and no limit budget

Munich, Germany
reviews: 40
1. Re: which one is the best between melia benoa or grand mirage

Hi!

I have been at the Sol Melia Benoa twice. The first time (2009) I really enjoyed my stay there. The second time (November 2010) I was not that happy. I noticed that things have really gone worst.... for instance

- I requested a quiet room (as my sister has problems sleeping) and I was given a room facing reception (where there is live music in the evening)

- there were never enough sun loungers on the beach /swimming pool (arrive any time after 8 am and you will find nothing free)

- the quality and variety of the food was much worst. Do not get me wrong, you can still find something to eat, but it is always the same food (always the same salads, sticky rice + 3 or 4 other dishes). If, for instance, you do not eat fish or some kind of meat, you might be limited to one dish only (plus salads). It can be challenging to find food for kids (e.g. I was there one week and I have never seen fries, burgers or sausages)

- the service was very slow. They intoduced a new system: anytime you order a drink (at the restaurant, at the bar, at the pool) you have to sign for it (despite the fact that you have to wear a bracelet). This slowed the service down significantly. If you consider that there was only one person serving at the pool bar, you can imagine how long we had to wait!

Having said that, I do not want to say that my experience at this hotel was horrible. But I would not go there again. You can surely find something better.

2. Re: which one is the best between melia benoa or grand mirage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 26, 2011