We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torea Bay back to Picton

London
reviews: 25
Torea Bay back to Picton

Hello,

We'vy provisionallu decided to spend 3 days on QC track walking from Ship Cove to Torea Bay/Portage. The water-shuttles Endeavour Express and Cougar Line both depart from Torea Bay back to Picton around 4pm (one is 4pm the other 4.15pm). I'm a bit concerned about making this given that the timings given for the stretch from Camp Bay to Torea Saddle are around 8 hours - we'd have to set off pretty early and have no breaks to make this (plus I don't know how our walking speed will compare to their timings). Is it feasible to catch this shuttle back? Are there any other options other than expensive private shuttles?

Any thoughts gratefully received!

new zealand
reviews: 279
1. Re: Torea Bay back to Picton

You can use a private water taxi. I think it is picton yellow taxi. there are two water taxi companies in Picton. They are obviously more expensive. It cost us $90 for four. Do a google search and you will find them.

London
reviews: 25
2. Re: Torea Bay back to Picton

Thanks Poppy. I guess we'll leave early and have the water-taxi as a back-up!

3. Re: Torea Bay back to Picton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, September 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Marlborough Region