We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for a visit to Oregon

Harleysville...
reviews: 3
Suggestions for a visit to Oregon

I just found out that some of my meetings in Seattle have been cancelled and I now have four days to spend on my own. I was thinking about using this time to visit Oregon. I have never been able to visit this great state. I will have a car. Looking for suggestions. Open to any ideas.

reviews: 745
1. Re: Suggestions for a visit to Oregon

We love the north coast! Seaside, Cannon Beach, Gearhart are all beautiful areas to explore. What is your budget for lodging? :)

Longview, Washington
Destination Expert
for Mount Rainier National Park
reviews: 100
2. Re: Suggestions for a visit to Oregon

What are your interests? Lots of things to see and do in Portland. Gardens, museums, etc. You could drive out along the Columbia River Gorge on the Scenic Hwy - Wonderful waterfalls. Cannon Beach is about 90 minutes drive from Portland. Since you have never to been to Oregon, the spectacular Oregon Coast is a 'must see'. Most beautiful in the country IMO - I rate Maine 2nd.

With four days you would have time to head over to the coast and drive as far south as Newport and then return to Portland and (back to Seattle?)

Reno, Nevada
reviews: 19
3. Re: Suggestions for a visit to Oregon

there are so many places in Oregon to visit for a first trip that you will have to chose a region and concentrate there. Take a look at Travel Oregon Guide at traveloregon.com/getting-around/… to get some ideas. Having said that, if you are an outdoor person, Oregon is a state with 6,000 lakes and 100,000 miles of rivers. Check out Oregon coast, try river rafting, Willamette Valley wineries, Oregon Trail, Hells Canyon, Crater Lake, Good luck and have a wonderful time.

Harleysville...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Suggestions for a visit to Oregon

No more than $150 a night

reviews: 745
5. Re: Suggestions for a visit to Oregon

Seaside has several hotels in your budget. Tides By The Sea, Lanai @ The Cove, HI-Tide and Ebb-Tide are a few to consider. There is also a Comfort Inn there and Holiday Inn. www.seasideor.com :)

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 809
6. Re: Suggestions for a visit to Oregon

Hi and welcome to TripAdvisor.

When will you be travelling? Will you be leaving out of Seattle? If so, you'll have to allow time to drive back there, return car, etc. - at least 5 hours before you check in.

Do you prefer beaches, mountains, rivers, cities.......?

7. Re: Suggestions for a visit to Oregon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 03, 2014