We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver to Oregon Coast & back. November. With 2 year old

Vancouver, British...
Vancouver to Oregon Coast & back. November. With 2 year old

Hello everyone,

We have 10 days at the end of November to go on a little road trip.... We are thinking the Oregon Coast! After reading many forums (so grateful for everyone's advice) I realized that it would be too much to drive all the way to the Redwoods and back.

So looking for suggestions.... Vancouver to ? and back....

Keep in mind we will have a 2 year old with us! She loves to be outside....

We do not want to drive more than 3 hours a day....

Love cozy beach hotels... (Budget $150-250 a night)

Love good local food and beer....

Thank you,

M

Vancouver, British...
1. Re: Vancouver to Oregon Coast & back. November. With 2 year old

Right now I am thinking......

Seattle - 1 night

Cannon Beach - 2 nights

Newport area - 1 night

Florence area - 1-2 nights

Portland - 2 nights

Home

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
reviews: 6
2. Re: Vancouver to Oregon Coast & back. November. With 2 year old

Melanie O's itinerary might or might not work for you, but it involves more than 3 hours driving a day. I would not want to pack up and move a 2year old every 1 to 2 nights. Finally, there is very little daylight in late November, and the weather is the worst of the year. You will have rain and wind every single day, and it is doubtful that your daughter would be happy outdoors if she were cold and wet . Are you sure you want to do this? You could fly to a sunny destination where your little one could play outside in comfort.

Vancouver, British...
3. Re: Vancouver to Oregon Coast & back. November. With 2 year old

I know.... Thinking about a sunny destination. Maybe the coast next June!

Oregon
reviews: 40
4. Re: Vancouver to Oregon Coast & back. November. With 2 year old

I agree with Kaleberg. Your Plan A sounds like a second honeymoon itinerary. If you can leave the toddler with grandma, then it would work. Otherwise, you'll have a fussy child locked up in a car seat and probable rain, so very little outside time to run and play....I predict lots of tears and frustration for all involved, and that's mainly Daddy (haha). Could be 10 days of torture. :)

Maybe the Oregon coast next July, August, September - or even October. Summer starts in Oregon about July 5th.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
reviews: 13
5. Re: Vancouver to Oregon Coast & back. November. With 2 year old

Since they are only an hour apart, I would suggest that rather than staying in Newport for one night and then Florence for 1-2 nights, that you just stay in Newport, or perhaps Yachats to be a LITTLE more centrally located, and tour the area from there.

6. Re: Vancouver to Oregon Coast & back. November. With 2 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 29, 2014