We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green Trails Maps Oregon Coast (and Gorge)

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 21
Green Trails Maps Oregon Coast (and Gorge)

Coming from Europe, we need to purchase Green Trails Maps for our hikes in Washington and Oregon. Which ones do we need for the Oregon Coast? We're thinking of these hikes: Cape Falcon, Neahkanie Mountain, Oswald State Park, Saddle Mountain. I assume we do need these maps for hikes there? Or are there better options?

There isn't a forum for the Gorge, so if I could ask the same question for the Gorge here that would be great. Which Green Trails Map do you need there?

Also, is there any essential gear for hiking at the Oregon Coast and the Gorge?

Thanks!

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
reviews: 110
1. Re: Green Trails Maps Oregon Coast (and Gorge)

nwhiker.com

http://www.oregonhiking.com/

I'm not familiar with Green Trails Maps, but these websites should be able to provide ample information.

Plus, if you Google the specific trail, you'll get specific National Forest or Bureau of Land Management sites with additional information and maps. Some of the hikes you mentioned are fairly straightforward and won't require much in the way of trail guidance. There are many other hikes that you should definitely include in your itinerary (depending on your fitness, experience, equipment and preparedness. Please provide this information and tell us when you will be coming (what season, since it can make a big difference as we approach late fall and winter) and what your basic travel itinerary is. Then we can suggest the best hikes for you.

Amsterdam, The...
2. Re: Green Trails Maps Oregon Coast (and Gorge)

Thanks so much! My partner and I are visiting Oregon at the end of July. We have three days on the Central Oregon Coast and one day at the Gorge. We're in our late twenties/early thirties, healthy and fit. We only started out hiking a year ago, but we work out all year round. We'd be making day hikes of max. 4 hours roundtrip.

3. Re: Green Trails Maps Oregon Coast (and Gorge)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 pm, June 15, 2013
4. Re: Green Trails Maps Oregon Coast (and Gorge)

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:55 pm, June 15, 2013
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 761
5. Re: Green Trails Maps Oregon Coast (and Gorge)

Give it up, Chuck.

6. Re: Green Trails Maps Oregon Coast (and Gorge)

Removed on: 10:05 pm, June 15, 2013
7. Re: Green Trails Maps Oregon Coast (and Gorge)

Removed on: 10:35 pm, June 15, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
8. Re: Green Trails Maps Oregon Coast (and Gorge)

Again wondering what all these removed posts were about as I missed them.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 761
9. Re: Green Trails Maps Oregon Coast (and Gorge)

Not to worry, TravAms. There is a nasty "troll" who has been banned from TripAdvisor numerous times. He keeps coming back with a different name and posting snide, harassing remarks. TA staff is aware of him and removes his posts each time.

If the trouble keeps up, I'm sure oregonpoppa won't mind if you send him a PM to ask about hikes. He's quite knowledgable about hiking areas.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
reviews: 13
10. Re: Green Trails Maps Oregon Coast (and Gorge)

I help build all of the Oregon Coast Trail within Oswald West State Park (Cape Falcon; Neah-Kah-Nie Mt) and IMO, there is really no need for a trail map of any kind. At each trailhead is a map of the trails in the area and each segment is marked with a 6" x 6" cedar post with the trail name and distance routed into it.