We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Which Pensacola Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
illinois
reviews: 15
weather

Coming to Pensacola Beach on June 14th and am concerned about the weather forecasts that I am seeing. I have never stayed in this area and am more familiar with more south west Florida locations. I know that it is the "rainy season" and am use to a storm brewing up around mid day but still having plenty of sun to enjoy. Is it the same in this area? All the weather forecasts are showing heavy clouds and storms. Yikes!

Pensacola, Florida
1. Re: weather

Well, it has been unusually dry so far this year. We have had little rain and just a few afternoon showers inland that last a few minutes. Most of the time if a rain pops up it is inland and the beach usually remains sunny. Not to deter you but, the tar balls from the BP oil disaster still remain where the surf meets the sand. Mother nature has buried alot of it but, you still can walk the waters edge and find them in numbers. If you have children digging in the sand, make sure that they dig up from the waters edge or they will have oil residue on their clothes and hands from the tar balls. I am disgusted with the so-called clean up efforts of BP and still, they do not, and have not been at the waters edge to try and removve as much as they can. I am afraid this continual ocean wash will uncover tar balls for years.

illinois
reviews: 15
2. Re: weather

Thank you for the information regarding the weather. The reviews I have read have stated the beaches are clean; that is what I am hoping for :) Thanks again for your reply.

3. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, October 03, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Pensacola Beach