We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alhambra for kids

New York
reviews: 43
Alhambra for kids

Can anyone provide advice for touring Alhambra w/ children (4 & 5 year old)?

5 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
reviews: 2,711
1. Re: Alhambra for kids

keep:

You are in the wrong forum. You want to post on the Granada forum.

Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 235
2. Re: Alhambra for kids

keepnposted,

As Benny says, you are in the wrong forum. The Alhambra is a landmark in the city of Granada. Here's a link to a relevant thread from that forum. Keep in mind that young children need to have a ticket with a bar code. If you pick up the ticket at the Alhambra ticket office, you need to either bring the child or his/her passport. If you print the ticket beforehand at a Caixa terminal, the ticket will NOT have a bar code.

If this doesn't make any sense to you, pls read the Top Question mentioned by Benny and THEN read this linked thread.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187441-i416-k5223…

cordoba, spain
reviews: 17
3. Re: Alhambra for kids

Maybe the Op is asking about Alhambra, a village in Ciudad Real province.

http://alhambra.infomancha.com/

Geelong, Australia
reviews: 315
4. Re: Alhambra for kids

Sorry but I'm going to get on my high horse here.

We recently went to the Allhambra and there was one particular family with small children who were particularly annoying, they put their youngest in the corner for a time out due to it misbehaving. For me, I found that very annoying whilst I was trying to take in the sights of this amazing structure. The child was obviously bored and I can't say the parents looked like they were even enjoying themselves whilst they tended to their child.

Personally I think it is not a great place for children, they will get bored. You will want to be there a good few hours, there is a lot of walking to do, lots of steps and not much to captivate a small child. Wait until they are older before taking them somewhere like this. Perhaps go on holidays somewhere your children might actually enjoy, after all, you want it to be a fun holiday, not something that will feel like a chore.

For me, trips to Disneyland would be preferable when your kids are so young, wait for Spain when they are older and more likely to appreciate the history and grand design of the Allhambra.

Spain
reviews: 1
5. Re: Alhambra for kids

I,ve just come back from the Alambra with my 4 and 6 year old and it was a great success. Provided you are punchy and prepared to spend time looking at the fish and stalking cats everyone can have a good time. We had our photo taken in moorish costume in a little shop on the way to the Nasrid Palace which I would recommend to anyone!

Reply to: Alhambra for kids
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted