We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay en route to Zion from Las Vegas

Bethesda, Maryland
Places to stay en route to Zion from Las Vegas

We are driving from Las Vegas to Zion and are looking for a place to stay to break up the trip. We will be getting in late (8:30PM) and so the hotel or B&B only needs to be clean and cheap (<$100 per night)! Please advise if there is a nice town midway between the two locations.

Thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 85
1. Re: Places to stay en route to Zion from Las Vegas

Welcome to the forums K F,

I would suggest just overnighting in Las Vegas rather than trying to drive anywhere and just get an early start. Theres not much offered inbetween. Mesquite is about a 1 hour drive from Las Vegas, and St George about a 2 hour drive so theres no inbetween point since its about a 3 hour drive to Zion from Las Vegas. And it hardly seems worth it Imo.

Keep in mind there is also a 1 hour difference in time between Nevada and Utah, so when its 8pm in LV, it will be 9pm in Utah.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 117
2. Re: Places to stay en route to Zion from Las Vegas

Some times I'll stay in North LV. There are a few places right off the freeway. It just gets me through the city and ready to roll next morning. Either the Hampton Inn or Best Western at Craig road.

Otherwise Mesquite is really your only choice. It is easy driving to there. Though for what you get It is hard to find a cheap room. I've stayed at them all over the years. Falcon Ridge was good when it was new. Casablanca or Virgin River are ok.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 9
3. Re: Places to stay en route to Zion from Las Vegas

If you get in at 8:30 it will probably take close to an hour to get your car and be on the road. I would probably stay in Vegas, then get an early start in the morning. You want to see the Virgin River Gorge on I-15 in the daytime.

If you have never been to Vegas, its cool to see at night.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 205
4. Re: Places to stay en route to Zion from Las Vegas

All the choices here are fine. I would drive to Mesquite. Puts you an hour closer, easy on-off, super cheap lodging and you'll get to see the Virgin River gorge when you drive the next morning to Zion.

Have fun.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
reviews: 367
5. Re: Places to stay en route to Zion from Las Vegas

For the reasons that dez cited, I would also lean toward staying the night in LV. Keep in mind that 8:30 in LV is 11:30 in Maryland, which is getting late on your clock (I have the same situation flying west from Ohio). Get some rest and an early start the next morning (you will be awake early).

For the record, this is exactly what we did on our trip this fall. I booked a hotel nearly across the road from the rental car terminal, so that the next morning I just walked over, got the car and hit the road for UT.

6. Re: Places to stay en route to Zion from Las Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 28, 2014