We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do - can we get it done ?

Carle Place, New...
What to do - can we get it done ?

We'll be leaving Las Vegas around noon ( in Sept ) and heading to Zion ( first stop ).

We are spending 2 nights in Zion before heading to Bryce.

We would like to do The Narrows, Weeping Rock ...Shorter hikes would be ideal for us.

I read on TA about renting bikes and basically "coasting" from the last stop to the beginning...stopping at the overlooks along the way.

I'm not sure how to plan these activities in our schedule of time at Zion.

Bike the first afternoon when we arrive ? the last morning before we leave ??

I think The Narrows and biking might be too much for our 1 full day, but not sure.

Can anyone help ?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 134
1. Re: What to do - can we get it done ?

Narrows is most of a day depending on how far you go. You'll want to rent proper gear in town for that hike. You can get it on the afternoon before the hike the next day.

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 24
2. Re: What to do - can we get it done ?

It sounds like a lot for one day. What time are you leaving on your last day? Mr. Z and I usually ride our bikes the afternoon we get there plus once again the morning before we leave. But we have our own bikes with us. You'll have to allow time to get to the rental place, do the paperwork and then get the bike to the shuttle. You might have time the morning before you leave since you'll have a little time to scope out the area to see if you can manage it logistically.

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
reviews: 81
3. Re: What to do - can we get it done ?

As suggested, begin your full day with the Narrows hike. See if it is open, first thing in the morning. Depending on a variety of conditions, you could spend 2-3 hours or the entire day. Build the rest of your trip around it.

As for renting cycles, you can look at Zion Outfitter, right at the pedestrian park access(near Zion Theatre), or Zion Cycles, located more towards the center of town. The parus trail that starts at the visitor center in the park is designated as a bike trail as well.

4. Re: What to do - can we get it done ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 16, 2014