We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit in Mid May Las Vegas to???

decatur al
Visit in Mid May Las Vegas to???

We will be flying into LasVegas probably on 5/10. (Myself, husband, and two 21 year old. Our plan is to rent a car in LV and take some sightseeing time. We took a tour to GCNP last year, and even though it was not long enough, we thought we would like to take a short trip and see some other things. My daughter suggested Zion and since none of us know anything about the area (all from Alabama) was hoping someone on here could help us out. We would like to return to LV early afternoon on May 13. Zion sounds like a really nice park but other than that we are not really sure where to go and how long we should plan on staying at each place. My husband would really love to be able to visit some gold mining/ghost towns also. Any help any of you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 7
1. Re: Visit in Mid May Las Vegas to???

Looks like you have 4 days including travel days.

Assuming you get an early flight into Vegas, you can head right to Zion. Its about three hours and you lose an hour entering UT.

5-10 Vegas to Zion stay Zion

5-11 Zion Stay Zion

5-12 Head for Bryce stay Bryce

5-13 Bryce to Vegas Five hour drive, gain an hour entering NV

Normally I like to do that in reverse,Bryce first, Zion last, but I doubt you want a five hour drive(six with time change) right after a long flight.

Ghost towns near Zion are Grafton and Silver Reef near Leeds.

Pics and trail descriptions of Zion are in this website.

www.citrusmilo.com/joesguidetozion

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
reviews: 81
2. Re: Visit in Mid May Las Vegas to???

Zion and Bryce would be a good trip into Utah, and would be what I would head for.

As an option you could also visit Sedona, in Arizona. From there you could visit Jerome, once a nearly abandoned mining town. There is still a lot of remnants of the mining activity at the top of the hill. Also around Sedona are a lot of Puebloan ruin sites. Also in the area is the famous Grand Canyon South rim

decatur al
3. Re: Visit in Mid May Las Vegas to???

Thank both of your for the valuable information

4. Re: Visit in Mid May Las Vegas to???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 01, 2014