We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zion national park ponderosa cabin suites?

Saint Louis...
reviews: 113
Zion national park ponderosa cabin suites?

Will these really sleep 5 people? They are less than $200 a night and in the park. Can't find reviews for those particular cabins. Seems like a really good deal......

Saint Louis...
11. Re: Zion national park ponderosa cabin suites?

So after doing some more looking I found two in Springdale that will fit our needs. Driftwood at $639 for three nights or cable mountain lodge at $808 for three nights......which one? Kind of makes me wonder about the rooms since its a big price difference. We want a private bedroom for myself and hubby and we have three older teenage sons going with us.

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
reviews: 106
12. Re: Zion national park ponderosa cabin suites?

Zion Ponderosa would be OK for you. The only real issue is the commute up/down SR 9 to Canyon junction. I have driven it a few times, and always see something I did not spot the previous time. However if I was in the main canyon and it was dark, or I was getting tired, or I wanted to do supper in Springdale, then the commute back to the East side would be a bit much, with the tunnel, the switchbacks, the rock faces, the need to somewhat concentrate,etc. That is why we on the forum recommend Springdale for first time visitors. Everything is there(hotels,restaurants, outfitters, shops, etc), and access to the Main Cayon is easiest, because Springdale pretty much blends into Zion.

Cable Mountain is the one I would choose. The suites with the wall bed and bonus kitchen would work. I forget when you are travelling, but access to the park would be closest(by foot from Cable Mountain) then you can jump on the shuttle(end of March the shuttle starts).

Honestly though, do what you think is best for you. If you stay at Zion Ponderosa, we would appreciate some feedback after you visit. It would be interesting to get your perspective on Zion Ponderosa and its location advantages and disadvantages.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 87
13. Re: Zion national park ponderosa cabin suites?

Its helpful if you could include your dates since prices will vary quite widely with the different times of year.

Have you tried the Pioneer Lodge in Springdale? I had to do some research for a trip and found the prices reasonable for larger groups, they offer larger suites.

http://www.pioneerlodge.com/rooms.php

Just in case....If you found somewhere in Springdale that looked like what you wanted, but didnt show availability online, I would suggest you contact them directly, as I have found they have lots of traffic daily as far as adding and subtracting reservations go, so you may be able to get a reservation.

Edited: 6:53 pm, January 20, 2013
Saint Louis...
14. Re: Zion national park ponderosa cabin suites?

Lol my husband and teenage sons just said no to ponderosa since there is no resturants around it and no one wants to drive far with hunger males! We will be there at the end of July.

No worries, I always write a review of the places we have been. I've planned so many trips using these messages boards that I feel I need to give back. :)

Saint Louis...
15. Re: Zion national park ponderosa cabin suites?

We will be there at the end of July and I will check out the place you mentioned, thanks

16. Re: Zion national park ponderosa cabin suites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 22, 2014