We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell Phone Coverage in the Park

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
reviews: 338
Cell Phone Coverage in the Park

Does anyone know if there is a cell phone signal in the north or south sections? Just interested in the event of an emergency in the outback. Thanks!

ZB

West Fargo
reviews: 10
1. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in the Park

We have signals and fine service all around the Medora area and even as we went horseback riding a ways north of town (Verizon). Not sure how it would be deep into the park, though. Good luck....it is gorgeous there and I'm sure you will have a great time!

BabyNurse

Minot, North Dakota
reviews: 7
2. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in the Park

The primary coverage in ND is the CDMA (Sprint, Verizon and Alltel)type of technology. GSM mainly on the Interstates. Check maps on your carriers website to see if they cover the Medora area.

Malebird

Minnesota
reviews: 1
3. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in the Park

BabyNurse,

Please let us know more about your horse riding in the park. Do you have your own horses, or do you use a trail riding service? Can you recommend a trail riding service? Thanks.

West Fargo
reviews: 10
4. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in the Park

MN wrestler,

We don't own our own horses. One of my best friends does, though, and she and several other gals go out to Medora every year with their horses in a trailer and they ride for a week. So you can do it either way.

On the very edge of the town of Medora (not sure which direction....I think the north edge But Medora is TINY so you could ask anybody in town and they would know!)there is a stable with horseback riding rentals. You can pick how long you want to ride (I believe it was 1, 2 or 4 hours). It is great because 3 guides go with you on their horses: 1 in front, 1 riding along the side, and 1 at the back of the group. They explain lots of stuff about the area, point out interesting things and tell you all about the particular horse you are riding. I can't recall the name of the service, but again, anyone in town would be able to steer you there. It was really fun, and gorgeous scenery!

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
reviews: 338
5. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in the Park

We completed our hiking trip in the North and South Units. In most cases there was no cell phone coverage on any of our cell phone services which included Sprint, Nextel, AT and T, and Verizon.

ZB

6. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in the Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 06, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Theodore Roosevelt...