We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation west of park

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, England
reviews: 3
Accomodation west of park

Help.

I'm really struggling to find somewhere to stay West of the park on the route from Fresno, did't actually fancy Fresno but want somwhere clean/reasonably priced so we can hit Sequoia and Kings Canyon the next day. Looking to pay around $150 a night.

Help please.

thanks in advance

Fox Island...
reviews: 16
1. Re: Accomodation west of park

Why don't you just go on into the park and stay at Wuksachi Lodge? It's very nice, with a good restaurant and only a couple of miles from the General Sherman tree. I don't think there is very much to choose from between Fresno and the park.

Fresno, California
2. Re: Accomodation west of park

Between Fresno and the parks there are only a few B&Bs and a couple of small old motels in Reedley.

I'd suggest if you want to enter from 180 check the airport area in Fresno, that is right off 180 on the east side of the city. Hotels include Courtyard by Marriott, Holiday Inn, and Picadilly Inn.

Bed and Breakfasts along the way are basically listed here

http://sequoiabedandbreakfast.com/north.html

That list also includes Wonder Valley, a dude ranch type set up. That might be a possibility.

Other than that you might look in Visalia or Three Rivers and enter from the south end.

3. Re: Accomodation west of park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...