We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sequoia and Lake Tahoe

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 69
Sequoia and Lake Tahoe

Our family with kids are going to Sequoia-Yosemite-Lake Tahoe. Can someone please advise me if Sequoia Park might be snowing by mid December? If not, i wonder what activities can we do besides snowshoeing etc? We are planning to stay at Wuksachi Lodge, is it the best location?

Please advise also, which would be the most family-oriented ski resort (with excellent proximity to food and activities) to stay at Lake Tahoe? I also don't understand what the sites mean that the ski resorts are closed for the season. Is it necessary to book in advance lift tickets etc? we just wanna tube...not really a skiier...

Thank you in advance!

From Singapore

New York City, New...
reviews: 6
1. Re: Sequoia and Lake Tahoe

Wuksachi Lodge is the best place to stay in Sequoia. There may or may not be snow by December. Depends on the weather.

If you are seeing "closed for the season" for ski resorts it means that there is no snow for skiing at this time. It's the same message you would see all summer-they just haven't opened yet. October even early November are too early. By late November you should see some updates, if the weather is good for skiing. Ski resorts will use "artificial snow" even when the weather does not bring snow storms, but it has to be cold enough for the artificial snow to remain and not melt.

Singapore
2. Re: Sequoia and Lake Tahoe

Hi Bayatuning, thank you for your affirmation on Wuksachi Lodge!

reviews: 685
3. Re: Sequoia and Lake Tahoe

You may also want to consider the Montecito-Sequoia Lodge in Sequoia. It is very famly-oriented and your stay includes 3 buffet meals/day. There are many activites to choose from here and it's in a great location. :)

Fox Island...
reviews: 16
4. Re: Sequoia and Lake Tahoe

TrueSingaporean - My nephew, Mark, is a prep cook at Wuksachi Lodge. Please say hi to him from his aunt in Washington! I visited him at Wuksachi 3 weeks ago. Beautiful accomadations! He has already had snow but it didn't stick. It is at 7000' altitude so if there is enough moisture in December you should have snow.

Singapore
5. Re: Sequoia and Lake Tahoe

Syragirl, we did check out Montecito but it is very expensive per person. But thanks for highlighting.

Foxisle, i will send your regards to Mark for sure! Hope it'd continue to snow as it'd be quite an experience for the children.

Now i am checking on Lake Tahoe, any idea which is the most family-oriented resort to stay at for a couple of days on route to san francisco?

6. Re: Sequoia and Lake Tahoe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, August 26, 2009