We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sequoia sightseeing tours in the Winter Help PLZ!!!!!

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
Sequoia sightseeing tours in the Winter Help PLZ!!!!!

I'm arriving at Sequoia National Park in Feb. 2007. Unfortunately I only have 24 hours to stay there before I head back to the bay area. I would be arrivng at Three Rivers, CA around noon. Are there any Afternoon tours I could purchase. Also, Is there anything to do In the evening if I was staying at the Wuksachi Lodge overnight? Please HELP ME....Thx.

Santa Clarita...
reviews: 4
1. Re: Sequoia sightseeing tours in the Winter Help PLZ!!!!!

I know of only one tour, and that is Sequoia Tours. It is an all day tour during the spring, summer and fall. Not sure about winter.

www.sequoiatours.com

When the time gets closer, you may want to check with them regarding availablity, amount of time and daylight. However, much of your trip with depend on weather and road conditions. Three Rivers is only about 800-1000 foot in elevation, and Wuksachi Lodge is over 6700 feet. The uphill road from Three Rivers to the Giant Forest has 12 switchbacks and 130 curves, and it goes through various climate zones.

I don't know about evenings at the Lodge; perhaps you can find something at the nps website.

Newport Beach, CA
2. Re: Sequoia sightseeing tours in the Winter Help PLZ!!!!!

3 Rivers at noon puts you at Giant Forest at about 1:30 pm....you'll have about 3 hours of good daylight. Bring your snowshoes, print a map online....follow other peoples trails in the snow if you can....Round Meadow and Crescent Meadows are your best bets if you can get to them.......Tours? dunno but kinda unlikely. Wukschi is nice, good food, good bar, 1/2 way decent hotel. Night time activity? beer probably by yourself and listening to frozen crickets are all that's available. February is the lowest of the low season and the liklihood of winter storms keeps most people away. Keep your eye on the weather and good luck......on a clear February day, Giant Forest is quite spectacular.

Lancaster...
reviews: 39
3. Re: Sequoia sightseeing tours in the Winter Help PLZ!!!!!

I just posted a review of our stay a the Wuksachi Lodge Jan 2-4, during which we had a 5 inch snow storm. The Lodge is very good, dinner requires reservations, and is above average. There is nothing to do except sit in the lobby and read a book, or go to your room and watch TV. I would suggest you come up from 3 Rivers and stop and see what you can, in the snow country not much is accessable, expect over snowpack and sometimes icey trails. Snow shoes aren't necessary in the major points, Giant Forest, General Sherman tree, Grant Grove.

After spending the night at the Wuksachi, leave in the morning and drive north to the Kings Canyon/ Grant Grove and except a long drive that night back to the Bay Area. It will be alot of driving, but it's about all you can do this time of the year!

Watch the weather, it can close the road between the parks, and you'll have no choice but to go back thru 3 rivers. Also, check the internet the road up from 3 Rivers is being worked on, and is closed Mon-Fri, opened on the hour, letting the stopped traffic by, and then closed again.

4. Re: Sequoia sightseeing tours in the Winter Help PLZ!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...