We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April in Sequoia?

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LA, California
reviews: 5
April in Sequoia?

Hi all, I was thinking of going to Wuksachi Lodge to celebrate my 30th on April 2nd. What is the temperature at this time of year and what is there to do? I love any out door sports being from Utah but saw the rates to be surprisingly reasonable for a national park lodge and was wondering if I'm planning to go when there is not enough snow to do anything "wintery" but too cold to do anything else. What do you think?

New York City, New...
reviews: 6
1. Re: April in Sequoia?

There should still be plenty of snow at Sequoia in early April, and it should not be too cold. The melt will only just be beginning. Snow will not be fresh powder, but you should be able to ski or snowshoe through Giant Forest, or up to the Lakes.

I've seen a steady, light, gentle snowfall at Sequoia on Memorial Day, with several inches of snow on the ground already, didn't need snowshoes (or tire chains) then, but it was a complete winter scene.

2. Re: April in Sequoia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...