We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback riding trip to view the Sequoias

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Annapolis...
reviews: 2
Horseback riding trip to view the Sequoias

Looking for a horseback day trip that includes views of the Sequoias. Descriptions of the different facilities and trip include names of areas but I am unfamiliar with the park so I don't know which one to pick. There are no websites for the different facilities only phone #'s to call. Any recommendations?

2 replies to this topic
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
reviews: 87
1. Re: Horseback riding trip to view the Sequoias

The only ride I know of that goes near Sequoias is Grant Grove (but it is not a day trip, I think they have 1 hour and 2 hour rides). The ride that went near Sequoias in SNP is closed, as it is was too damaging to the ecosystem of the Sequoias (and the Grant Grove ride goes in areas that are already heavily impacted by human feet, so I suppose they figure it's not making much of a difference).

There could be something like this in the Sequoia National Monument, maybe someone knows about something outside the National Park boundary.

The horseback ride from Cedar Grove goes through some beautiful terrain, though, with Jeffrey and Sugar Pines, and meadows. The whole area is beautiful. You can do a day trip there and get into some of the high country (that's the picture that's shown with the horse's ears in the front at the top of the park's horse page):

www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/horseride.htm

So I'm thinking you want the Grant Grove ride. It will take you to places that you could access by foot, but it is a beautiful area of Sequoias. Dead Giant Loop has a giant, now-dead tree it in, but the area has plenty of amazing, living Sequoias in it, so I think that's what you want.

Annapolis...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Horseback riding trip to view the Sequoias

Thanks for the info - we could also see the trees up close on a different day. Just thought I could combine the two. Do you happen to know if Cedar Grove operates in mid Oct? Also - was looking into a guided tour out of Three Rivers. Any thoughts or experience with guided tours?

Reply to: Horseback riding trip to view the Sequoias
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted